I see that fine upstanding, law abiding poor picked on British athlete has been found guilty.

Sponsored Links
So the police officers could have made a genuine mistake. But because see played the race card, it's skurerd the truth.
If the Police officers made a mistake, it was probably based on thier bigotry.
It didn't skurer (sic) the truth, it invented an alternative reality. :rolleyes:

Irrelevant in this issue.
They were not using marijuana, nor is there any suggestion they were drinking alcohol.
There is no suggestion they were stopped at all for any motoring offences relating to the NIP served under sec 172 of the road traffic act. which was ignored and therefore referred for prosecution.

Filtering on my motorbike between two lanes of slow moving traffic on the A13 in the morning AND the evening, I smell it all the time. It’s rife.

I have absolutely no idea what cannabis might smell like, but I always found my sense of smell, when riding a motorbike, strangely, became particularly acute. I could smell the F&C and curry establishments, long before I would see them.

Sponsored Links
There is no suggestion they were stopped at all for any motoring offences relating to the NIP served under sec 172 of the road traffic act. which was ignored and therefore referred for prosecution.
I was referring to their original stop in 2020 when they were stopped for no apparent reason, other than a suspicion that they were black driving an expensive car, And the police invented a story of marijuana to cover their prejudice.
You raised the issue of driving under the influence which has never been an issue with the people referred to in this thread.
So it was irrelevant.

You're confusing the two separate issues.
But the one issue of being treated unfailrly, which they've probably experienced for all their lives, may have impacted their distrust for the police and the justice system, and led them into not responding to legally required information.

From what I saw of the stop on the TV news, the pair of them were acting like a pair of dciks, and should have been locked up for that alone.
You have no idea how many thimes they may have been stopped before for no reason other than being black and driving an expensive car.
If it happened to me too many times, I'd start to get a bit irate each time.

I have absolutely no idea what cannabis might smell like, but I always found my sense of smell, when riding a motorbike, strangely, became particularly acute. I could smell the F&C and curry establishments, long before I would see them.
I used to ride past a sewage works on my commute and learned to hold my breath at that particularly stretch..

I was referring to their original stop in 2020 when they were stopped for no apparent reason, other than a suspicion that they were black driving an expensive car, And the police invented a story of marijuana to cover their prejudice.
You raised the issue of driving under the influence which has never been an issue with the people referred to in this thread.
So it was irrelevant.

You're confusing the two separate issues.
But the one issue of being treated unfailrly, which they've probably experienced for all their lives, may have impacted their distrust for the police and the justice system, and led them into not responding to legally required information.
but I think you know that is Boll@x.

Here we have a driver who already had 11 pts on her license. Realises one more is a ban and chooses to hope the NIP will go away or expire (they are time limited). Carries on ignoring 2 further NIPs and still takes no action.

Are you seriously suggesting she ignored the NIPs because she distrusts the justice system? if that was the case, she could have presented it to the magistrate as mitigation.

You can smell it 5 cars away and it’s formally the one with the window open so they could easily make a mistake if the car in front had a window open.

they could easily make a mistake if the car in front had a window open.
Yes they could. However, in this instance, this particular traffic stop was investigated thoroughly. The two officers were found to have lied and lost their job as a result. From what I can gather, the rest of the stop and police actions, were justified.
There was still enough there though, for black people to be suspicious of the rozzers.

If plod want to be c**** they will find something. it's cultural I'm afraid. its not limited to the UK - its seems a world-wide issue.

I used to ride past a sewage works on my commute and learned to hold my breath at that particularly stretch..

M4 past Slough?, depending which way the wind was blowing, you were overwhelmed by the smell of either ***t or Mars Bars.

The Beckton Sewage works kicks up a right old stink. The sewage works and the local dump practically surround a shopping complex called 'Gallions reach'. Locals call it Gallions retch. It ****ing absolutely stinks of **** over there. You have to hold your breath from the car to the shops yet people still buy food from the burger van and sit outside and eat!

IMG_5797.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back