I want an off roader.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of starting biking firstly with an old cheap bike for off roading and then maybe sommat better in future,
But don't have a clue as to what to buy, or if it will be more trouble than it's worth. :confused:

Why the off road idea is because I already have a van and 2 cars to look after, and thought the cheap bike will be just a bit of light relief, no extra maintenance :D

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
He sounds like a petrol head, motorcycle is safe bet. :LOL:

Wotan
Wouldn't be so sure if I were you. One of these vehicles might be a "pope-mobile" for the pontiff's forthcoming visit. If so, it'll be heavy with all that bullet proof glass, which slides open to allow ratzinger to sell sweeties to the little children ;)

It will also need to float, so the papel one can make a mad dash across the channel once the dibble come to ask him for help in uncovering a paedophile ring.

Suspect nuke wants a pushbike for his disguise, wearing a beret and a string of onions around his neck. ;)

He sounds like a petrol head, motorcycle is safe bet. :LOL:

Wotan
Wouldn't be so sure if I were you. One of these vehicles might be a "pope-mobile" for the pontiff's forthcoming visit. If so, it'll be heavy with all that bullet proof glass, which slides open to allow ratzinger to sell sweeties to the little children ;)

It will also need to float, so the papel one can make a mad dash across the channel once the dibble come to ask him for help in uncovering a paedophile ring.

Suspect nuke wants a pushbike for his disguise, wearing a beret and a string of onions around his neck. ;)
You're getting to know me too well ,monk.
Sorry chaps forgot to mention I want a MOTORbike, I thought by off road you may have guessed but then maybe I overestimated you lot :LOL:
And it's not onions it's garlic monk, that'll teach you to get smart ;)

I used to have a wee two-stroke 125 Honda that I had hours of fun on - I loved that bike - but it got stolen :cry: :cry:

I'm not sure what bikes are good and bad nowadays (long time since I had one) but are you wanting purely off-road or do you want to have the option to go on road should the desire take you?

Used to be good fun out on a road run, seeing a track go off up a hill or something and just deciding to go exploring.

I used to have a wee two-stroke 125 Honda that I had hours of fun on - I loved that bike - but it got stolen :cry: :cry:

I'm not sure what bikes are good and bad nowadays (long time since I had one) but are you wanting purely off-road or do you want to have the option to go on road should the desire take you?

Used to be good fun out on a road run, seeing a track go off up a hill or something and just deciding to go exploring.
Exactly, you have just hit the nail on the head , tht is what I need but then I suppose MOT insurance and everything else that goes with on road has to be taken in to account.
If you want a camel you have to have big doors, :eek: as an arab friend used to say.

And type of bike - off road you could just get a wee moto crosser but for on road as well, you need lights. And you've got to consider that if you get a crosser for off road - how are you gonna get it to where you want to ride it?

And type of bike - off road you could just get a wee moto crosser but for on road as well, you need lights. And you've got to consider that if you get a crosser for off road - how are you gonna get it to where you want to ride it?
Absolutley, so I would say a reasonable cost bike say a 125 honda or kawasaki/suzuki ( I don't know that many makes of bike ) with MOT and 3party fire and theft should be ok, Only thing that holds me back is the costs added to my current bills.
Work isn't too clever TBH, but then it's just one good job and I'm there :D

Did'nt think about the off road bike and getting there , good point. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back