ICOS/Ideal HE18 Hot Water but No Heating

Right then. Joined Terms 1 & 3 together. It all just kicks into life. Rads are starting to warm up.
From this I take it that it was my stat that was knackered and that I'll have to control it manually or by timer until I can get a new one.
Are they repairable or will it need replacing?

Sponsored Links
Yes, stat faulty. It's probably the dropper capacitor that powers the receivers circuit loosing capacitance as they do with age. The easiest option is to replace the whole lot with a new stat. Either the same or something else. Not Salus.

Thank you Echo the Husky and Gas2Air for your time, expertise and for the effort with dealing with a non-plumber/heating engineer.
And thank you for saving me a bundle of cash because if I'd followed the advice from what has been posted on other sites I would have unnecessarily replaced the 3-way valve first.
I now have heat in the whole house.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back