ID cards for Voting

Not read the thread but I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with it; unless your a wrong en

Sponsored Links
Not read the thread but I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with it; unless your a wrong en

Agree with bod, ( I've also not read the whole thread)

I don't really see what difference it makes, you have to give you name and address anyway usually, so what's the difference flashing a card like your driving license.

I think people just want to complain for the sake of it.

If it reduces the chances of election fraud then why not.

It also means spouting lies about election fraud being the cause for ones loss as per America recently stands much less chance of happening.

I think they should have a chip in that you scan.

They must be strict round your way!

People who don't have a driving licence or passport can still collect their post, they don't need a photo ID.

They need to show some form of ID, utility bill or passport or driving license usually

Sponsored Links
What i.d. do you carry with you every day?

I've just read the whole thread.

I always carry my driving licence with me, it's in my wallet.

At any point someone (i.e police) can ask me for id, does it matter? Nope

Would i be offended.. nope

Do i think people are getting a bit hysterical, yep.

If everyone was issued with an id, that stated there national insurance number, home address, blood type and whether or not you were down as an organ donor, this could cut down on a lot of paperwork. You wouldn't have to fill out electoral roll forms, the government/councils won't have to waste time and money processing these forms at each election, sending out polling cards etc.

People could update there information online, polling cards can be done automatically, you could just touch the card onto a screen so it registers that you have arrived to vote (importantly it needs to be so it doesn't know who you voted for), when you rock up to hospital you can just scan the I'd card in so you don't have the rigmarole of trying to spell your surname, or if you are in a severe accident you can be identified easily.

So I think it can have its uses, however it needs to be set up in a way that our information cannot be abused. Though TBF to the government already have this information it just duplicated in many different departments, it could technically be all brought together into 1 card.

Last edited:
I don’t carry a wallet unless on holiday but I have a scan of my passport, driving licence, oyster photocard and government issued MOT licence on my phone that I always have with me.

I don’t carry a wallet unless on holiday but I have a scan of my passport, driving licence, oyster photocard and government issued MOT licence on my phone that I always have with me.

If the police were to pull you over is the "copy" accepted though?

Examples of those who don't have driving licences are the disabled, and those from poor families who couldn't afford driving lessons.

Examples of those who don't have driving licences are the disabled, and those from poor families who couldn't afford driving lessons.

And that stops them from having I'd cards why?

If your going to make a point make a point, don't strawman it.

Those same people manage to have bank cards,

If you steal my wallet, containing my bank cards, do they identify you as me?

If you steal my wallet, containing my bank cards, do they identify you as me?

Does that stop you from having an id card?

If your bank card gets stolen you cancel it.

Bank cards don't get used for identification, they usually only accept photographic I'd to identify

They could make it possible to do the same with an id card.

Depends how technical they make it.

No one accepts bank cards as I'd (apart from motties post office). That's why only passports, driving licenses along with utility bills are usually the only accepted forms of identification.

No one accepts bank cards as I'd (apart from motties post office). That's why only passports, driving licenses along with utility bills are usually the only accepted forms of identification.

So people without them would be unable to vote.

So people without them would be unable to vote.

Why would people not have id cards?

When obtaining a mortgage to prove who you are you have to supply driving license or passport, of you don't have either you have to have a photo signed by someone of a professional nature to prove who you are.

Having an id card could negate this.

P.s, the French have had I'd cards for years and they don't complain.

Sponsored Links
Back