ideal classic ff240 fireing up for 20 seconds only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
replaced bathroom rad yesterday and had to drain the system from the valves in the bathroom to cut and shorten pipes now my boiler will start up then turns off after about 20 seconds.has my boiler got an air lock? the reset button on the side is solid so i don't know if its in the normal position or is solid stuck out it must be a self topping up system as there is no bar gauge or loop that i can see on boiler
many thanks for your replys

boiler is a ideal classic ff240

Sponsored Links
Your pump probably has an airlock rather than your boiler, did you bleed the air out of the cylinder coil in the airing cupboard?

Check that your expansion tank in the loft is full of water.

Do you get water out when you bleed all the upstairs radiators?

Did you set any motorised zone valves manually to open before re-filling your system?

Sponsored Links
hi yes i did get water out of upstairs rads when bled but i didn't change setting to manual when i turned on the main water supply really just turned it back on without doing anything

TRy Air vent at V

VentOnPrimaries.gif

Remove central screw from pump and see if it's spinning. If not, poke a screwdriver in to give it a spin.
If it's hot but not turning, but free, it has overheated and burned out due to lack of water.

you are all stars many thanks for your response bled valve next to cylinder loads of air and i bled ch pump hot water working fine haven"t tried heating yet.will keep you all posted again many thanks peasie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back