IDEAL HE 35 2 YEARS OLD - MORE PROBLEMS.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My ideal he 35 is about 2 years old and seams to be fitted with a sensor which detects the most inappropriate time to stop working. At 1 year old, the pcb went wrong during a cold snap and now its 2, the thing wont give dhw. I was standing in the shower at midnight covered in brick dust when i discovered this. I hate this thing.
Works fine on ch, no error codes. Suspect the diverter valve, the actuator cycles on start up from ch to dhw and back to ch again, is this normal?. The plunger in the valve is free. Any way of testing this? How does the unit know when dhw is being drawn?

Please turn your caps lock off, it's hard to read! Mod.

Sponsored Links
Is the display changing to a 'd' when a hot tap is on? If so the boiler is recognising a HW demand.

There is a thermistor that detects the drop in water temp of the incoming cold mains when a tap is turned on. Thats how it switches to HW.

This is also why a dripping tap will lock it into HW mode.

Sorry about your probs, but these are really carp boilers :mad:

thanks for responce.

changed the thermister but measured the same as the old one and didnt fix it. All the other thermisters measure the same when the boiler is cold. Taken the diverter valve out and works fine not sticking.
The boiler does not preheat as it should. It does not recognise any DHW being drawn. Display shows O (ready), c when CH is on, but no d.

The boiler may have been operated after the DHW was partially drained, as a downstairs hot tap has been removed. I'm sure I turned the boiler electric supply off? Is it me? or the PCB?

I give up, Called out BG. (BG Fixed price £156 v PCB £150)

Thinking of a nice log burner with back boiler and a hot plate on top for the copper kettle.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back