ideal hw heat exchanger

Hi eaton what model is it mate and i will tell you exactly what to do, the plate is compressed copper and the water ways are pretty tight which is one of the reasons it gets blocked.

Thanks

JJ

So like every plate heat exchanger then.

I wouldnt know, im not a boiler designer, i just fix them, but thanks for the info.

Sponsored Links
I thought plate heat exchangers were stainless steel plates NOT copper, the expansion/contraction helps break scale up.
Cut one in half or take it to the scrappy and they are stainless steel

The ones on the Isar range are copper, there may be an outer covering, but scrap value is zero me thinks.

Sponsored Links
Im goin to guess its the isar. Anything up to 30kw is easy to remove the plate heat ex. 30kw (and above?) fouls on the condensate trap. And to remove the trap you need to remove the plate, catch 22. The larger plates do come out if you wiggle them around a bit

remove the dhw thermister on the 35kw and 30kw for more room
on isars

Im goin to guess its the isar. Anything up to 30kw is easy to remove the plate heat ex. 30kw (and above?) fouls on the condensate trap. And to remove the trap you need to remove the plate, catch 22. The larger plates do come out if you wiggle them around a bit

no you do not! trap will come out very easy with plate in position.:cool:

Well i find these boilers a dodel to work on... I must be an alien :D

LMFAO :LOL:

they are ****e through and through

the bolts holding the plate are soft and open out if to much tension put on them and leak if you don't!

the isolator valves are a stupid design with the pressure guage in the F**in way also made of soft ****e and on the other side the prv pipe often gets in the way!

the way the plate comes out easiest in my opinion is to lift it up and over the pump manifold whilst lowering the other end to drop out through the middle having removed the 5 pin plug first and tucked in up out the way.

make sure that both circuits are depressurised 100% before removing the plate or the diverter valve. (about 3/4 of a bucket of water)

They're only easy when you compare them to the new greenstar plates... Now there is a poxy one :evil:

There alot people earning megas of these junks don't worry you are not the only one :D :D

What happened to british engineering is this pile of carp the best we can produce in this country,compare it to german gear and it doesnt even come anywhere close to being half decent

It seems like IDEAL have sent out alot staff to go on forums and stands up for their pile of scrap

They need to go back to the drawing board and bang some heads together and design something which can take them back to where they were twenty years ago,the heritage of this company is in the gutter at the moment

good luck to you lads for trying to defend the indefensible

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back