ideal icos he18 LF error / warmsure - advice please

Why not talk to trading standards and tell Ideal you are going to talk to the local paper regards poor service offered.

Put you location here and a regular may come dressed in his knight's armour to your rescue.

Sponsored Links
Have spoken to trading standards. Ideal have offered partial refund but I am going to reject that as we have also paid a separate plumber to move condense pipe, so will be quite a bit out of pocket. I will consider going to media if don't get at least full refund.

BG was going to be my choice - their literature does say 'no fix no fee' but I'm sure they have get out clauses too. I'm just worried about the change several parts scenario and them claiming it is a different fault as fee covers first fault. I guess I'm paranoid.

Location (surrey/greater London)

just be aware then that BG wont fix anything deemed to be an installation defect. you might be lucky and get a guy who can see sense and just do it if its an easy fix.

i would say we need to piccys to help any further online.

I don't think there is(or was) an installation defect, I think that was Ideal just trying to get out of it.

I'm not at location so piccys difficult.

Sponsored Links
thats ok, was just making sure you were not under the impression that absolutely everything will repaired on a fixed price job.

LF faults are normally down to external influences acting on the boiler - such as condensate and gas pressure issues and flueing issues, so dont be so quick to blame the boiler!!
Its worked for 4/5 years!!!!

Yes electrodes can be an issue, but any decent engineer would check everything like this.....

As for pouring water down the sump cover - thats right, and rubble (alu oxide) can deposit itself in the condensate sump and sometimes block the spigot to the s trap..

lmao @ nickso....

Nah - seriously though, you fitters dont like these boilers cos everything is so compact lol

lmao @ nickso....

Nah - seriously though, you fitters dont like these boilers cos everything is so compact lol

Seriously though....its cos they is sheeiite. :LOL:

Fans/fan harnesses/pcb's galore/user control units/leaking heat exchangers/ tiny condensate traps blocking/clunking diverters/ etc/etc/.

I see the new esprit has a 10 yr warranty on the heat ex but the rest of Ideals boilers that use the same heat exchanger only have 1 year.
Whats that all about?

Whats that all about?

Lots of t&c's and cop out clauses so Ideal don't have to honour the warranty.

Ideal are one of the worst at denying any fault/blame and the call center staff have obviously been briefed to say 'installer error' at 90% of the calls they get :eek:

I dont get involved in warrantys, so doont ask me lol - the new models and improved V9 pcb are good stuff - uve got ur opinion, thats fair enough......

Don't know who you are, but the only one who is helpful, listens and gives sound advice is Dave Kemp.

dave is indeed the man but even he is polishing a really dull turd.

ideal seem to be hell bent on making unservicable garbage time and again, god only knows why installers and customers buy this flawed rubbish.

flogging the dead horse that was the turbo2 and has evolved into the modern kraken that is the current range is nothing to be proud of.

I'm literally shaking with rage.

Sent a recorded letter stating I expected full refund.
No answer, tried to get through today - took 15 minutes to speak to anyone Ideal switchboard kept cutting off or no answer to extension I asked for.

Anyway they said they had sent me a letter today or yesterday which I have not seen yet but the gist of it was - ,engineer attended x and y dates cleaned consdensate etc, but no additional trap has been fitted. No further compensation can be offered other than previously mentioned and to speak to homeserve about that refund' .

I then said the condense pipe is installed as per installation booklet, it makes no mention of additional trap. The bloke said it is now required by law. I think he does not know what he is talking about ? opinions please.

They seem to ignoring the fact that :-

a) Installation manual makes no mention of additional trap needed
b) They did not identify this on first visit
c) Their engineer promised to come back to make alterations
d) they ignored us after failing to come back - despite repeated phone calls from us and statements by them that they had sent letter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back