Ideal ICOS HE24 dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people, I hope you can help.

My HE24 is dead. I have power to the Drayton programmer, but no display on the boiler control. There is power at the black 5 pin plug and it appears to be connected properly. I loosened the screws in the plug and tightened them again in case of corrosion, but nothing. The tiny fuse in the PCB is intact. I bought a new PCB and was told it works. Still nothing.

This unit is 10 years old and hasn't been serviced. If I get it working, maybe that might be worth doing.

Help please

Sponsored Links
This pcb that you were "told works" where did u get it from?

Was it new sealed in the box with instructions

Have you set it up properly

Everything connected back up right ;)

This pcb that you were "told works" where did u get it from?
Was it new sealed in the box with instructions
Have you set it up properly
Everything connected back up right ;)

Thanks Gasservice, I got it from a guy on ebay who sells many. It wasn't sealed. It is the new orange one. I had instruction about the pin jumpers, which I copied from my old one which also matched the instruction.
I hope I've set it up properly, all plugs are unique in size and pin quantity.

The guy I bought it from, when I said it didn't work, said these models are known for earthing problems, but I've found no one else saying this.
My neighbour is away and I have his keys, and as tempting as it is to borrow his PCB, I'm not that sort of person, despite thinking about it.

Sponsored Links
Maybe I should "borrow" next doors as I know that one works. My fear is if I pop that one due to another fault on the boiler then I have 3 broken PCBs.

Or, better idea, I could text the new one on his boiler.

And what if you put your neighbour's PCB into your boiler and one of the other components is the cause of the failure? Poof - another dead PCB.

All this to save on a professional visit?

Yes, this is all to save a professional visit because they want more money than I earn in half a day just to come through my door.
And yes, it may be false economy, but had the new board solved it I'd be laughing, but I'm still under the cost of a visit at the moment.

Do the display/switch boxes ever fail? Could I jump the switch to test this?

how much did you pay for this new ? board as they are around £175 to trade.
Bg would have done a fixed price repair for 200 even if it turned out tto be both boards or the fan gone which can take them out

how much did you pay for this new ? board as they are around £175 to trade.
Bg would have done a fixed price repair for 200 even if it turned out tto be both boards or the fan gone which can take them out

It was £78 with post. Does that sound ok?

it would if it worked ;)
but it doesnt so either you havent fully diagnosed fault correctly and that on some occasion both board need to be changed as they dont match up or the board is f##ked

And for christs sake dont be using the neighbours ,if you can afford to get one boiler fixed you sure as hell cant afford to fix 2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back