Is my PCB gone??

Sponsored Links
When you open up the control section of the boiler can you see either a Grey or possible Orange plastic box (it's behind the LED display) if you can see the box your PCB has not Gone it's still there!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
is it faulty?...thats another story :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Well, i decided to just buy it, if it goes pear shaped, i have paypal to fall back on!
Anyway, took the PCB apart and i think its fairly conclusive, that its gubbed. The tranny appears to be the culprit. you can see its actually melted the case

Well tell us the outcome.

Did the new PCB actually look new and was it in the maker's box?

The problem that you have is that there may be another fault in your boiler that has caused the PCB to fail. Just replacing it may cause the new one to fail as well.

It would have been better to get British Gas to do a fixed price repair at about £180 and let them take all the risk.

Tony

Hello, chaps

can i just ask why does everyone on this website keep saying to folk "oh get a BG fix price repair" what the f**k has Bg ever done for us????

come on lads lets stick together an stop promoting british gas ?

we need the work a lot more then they do........

hello lads,

can you pls give any advice on sub contract service & repair for bg
iv been offered £22 an appliance plus a Bg van or £24 with no van has any of you heard of what the score is ie do they take your money off you if the job comes back in within 30 days? iv decided to go it alone after spending 13 years working for British gas & Warmsure. ;)

Well you seem to have worked for BG for 13 years and to want to continue as a sub!

Perhaps you are above average at repairing boilers but some faults with expensive spare parts are best done without the risk of damaging a new expensive part which costs nearly the same as a BG fixed price repair.

I appreciate that you will do boiler repairs for £24 but my normal charge is £84. Even so i only do repairs which are good value for my customers. If its better or cheaper to go to BG then I tell them and you can get your £24 for doing the job.

Tony

£22.00 an appliance, your kiddin, same as Agile £85.00, I want £65.00 minimum straight off for any gas or gas related work.

Hello tony I decided against BG contracting due to like you say "the £24 quid bit". I am just in a situation of how to charge for repairs, is it by hour, travel, price for that job. do you charge £84 labour only plus what ever parts req per repair? also how do you charge for an intermitant fault?

cheers tony

The OP will probably be on here telling us about a cheap FAN on E-bay in a day or two :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

My fixed price diagnostic fee is just that. Spare parts are extra except at Christmas.

How can anyone honest charge by the hour? If they are not much good and take four hours, what then?

What if it only takes 10 minutes do you then charge £12 abd head back into the traffis for the one hour dive home again, two hours and 2 minutes work for just £12 ?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back