ideal icos He24 FL constant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Occasional FL failure on and off over last couple of months to Ideal Icos HE24. Reset button worked when required. Boiler now attempts to operate and gets to blue flashing ignition light but constantly fails to FL

Took electrical plug ( blue and black wires ) off solenoid connection. Tested that it is receiving 220v o.k. when attempting start cycle which it is.

All power switched off and resistance on blue and black wire solenoid pins showing totally open circuit.

Thoughts if solenoid/gas valve has finally permanently failed?

Fixed price repair investigation if opinions think it has?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you think the solenoid has totally failed?

If so I am thinking getting a fixed price repair may be my best option?

Sponsored Links
So totally open circuit on two solenoid pins with power off is a definite failure/kaput?

because it might be worth getting someone out instead if that did not indicate that part to have failed?

I've only asked one , answer that one then i will tell you the answer ;) quid pro quo

Would be grateful if anyone can offer opinion to my questions. Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back