Ideal Icos m3080 fuse blowing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ideal boiler which is now three years old. The mains fuse has blown. In order to check the controls, I disconnected the boiler mains input, replaced the fuse and all of the external controls appeared to work. The programmer came on, turning on the HW and CH controls on the programmer, resulted in calls for heat from the boiler. I reconnected the boiler and the fuse blew again. This time I removed the control wire to the boiler, and replaced it with a link as per the Ideal wiring diagram. The fuse blew again, so I am sure it is a boiler fault. With no mains there is no Fault code, any ideas anyone? I called Ideal, but their customer services will not send anyone out "unless it is warranty work".

Sponsored Links
Try taking the L wire out of the pump, for starters.

This is a long shot but is there a resistor screwed to the chassy somewhere ??? as if this has broken down it will cause the fuse to blow, as I said a long shot but worth 5 mins looking, if there is unscrew it from the chassy and try again.

Have had the fan and gas valve blow fuses on these boilers(normally internal fuse on pcb 3.15A quick blow), resistsance on fan should be about 115 ohms on the red and blue terminals that feed fan. the resistor is a capacitor that sits by the condense trap (can blow fuses if breaks down) . Also had the condense trap leak water onto the capacitor( due to crack in casing .)

Sponsored Links
I have a similar sounding problem on my Ideal Response 120 - Ideal have told me it's most likley to be the low water pressure switch that needs replacing.

(There's a thread posted on here under the title "Ideal Response 120 ...fuse keeps blowing" that you may find useful

Alex

I have an ideal boiler which is now three years old. The mains fuse has blown. In order to check the controls, I disconnected the boiler mains input, replaced the fuse and all of the external controls appeared to work. The programmer came on, turning on the HW and CH controls on the programmer, resulted in calls for heat from the boiler. I reconnected the boiler and the fuse blew again. This time I removed the control wire to the boiler, and replaced it with a link as per the Ideal wiring diagram. The fuse blew again, so I am sure it is a boiler fault. With no mains there is no Fault code, any ideas anyone? I called Ideal, but their customer services will not send anyone out "unless it is warranty work".

disconnect mains on pcb then turn 3amp fuse back on that way your pooring its the boiler,also check for a slight melting around the 10 way morlex thats where pump,fan come back in.very good chance its the pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back