Ideal imini boiler - what are your views?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am a single dwelling Landlord and boiler needs to be replaced. I have had a quote for an Ideal imini combi for £1375 + VAT fitted, with 3 year guarantee.

I have had a quick look and the reviews are not great. I don't want to spend a lot of money but I do want one that's not going to keep needing parts. I know Worcester are the best but price wise I wanted something cheaper.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A couple of hundred more will get u e descent model from most manufacturers

At less than £500 to buy that is a very cheap boiler!

And at a price of £1650 inclusive to supply and fit about £300 more than I would have to charge.

In fact I could probably fit an Intergas for a little less that that.

Most engineers here think the Intergas is a far better boiler!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I know Worcester are the best...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
You have been misinformed. Their marketing department is undoubtedly the best marketing department, and their warranty repair service is apparently very good. The boilers themselves? Hmmm....

You should have a good look at Intergas - seven year warranty and only four moving parts. Cheaper than a Worcester and better built than both those you've mentioned

Last edited:
thanks all. The plumber agrees with you all re Worcester but insists Ideal have an excellent reputation and they are close to competing with Vaillant. They might have a good rep but do their boilers last? I will ask him about Intergas though so thanks for advice.

Why don't you get the ideal logic plus boiler which the imini is a different version of?
It comes with 7yr warranty so would give you more peace of mind.

It will still be a very expensive installation price if it is increased to fit a more expensive boiler!

Tony

It will still be a very expensive installation price if it is increased to fit a more expensive boiler!

Tony
But the Logic isn't that expensive Tony. He just needs to do a quick search to see a retail price

Why don't you get the ideal logic plus boiler which the imini is a different version of?
It comes with 7yr warranty so would give you more peace of mind.
Shambolic is there much difference between the i mini and logic? Fitted both and from what i can remember not much difference

5 years of warranty and the better user interface and a few other bits and bobs.

Or ideal independent plus, I mini with 7 yr warranty.

I have fitted many iminis and have one in my house... Tidy little boiler (y)

Mine will be two years in april, have a few that I fitted still going with no probs that are 4 years old now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back