Ideal imini boiler - what are your views?

Sponsored Links
Yes I've fitted five of the minis, mainly fit logics. Had to change one flow turbine on a mini i fitted about 3/4 years ago but thats it.

Sponsored Links
All depends, without seeing job I'd say you're not far off. It really depends on what the installer is doing for the price. Flush, filter, trvs, programmer etc.

And you never know, you might get 4 good years out of it, someone else has. I've been told by someone in the trade that Ideal's reputation in council contracts with their 'new' boilers hasn't been marvellous. And the old ones were grim.

We've just built a few flats for rentals and put Worcesters in, 'costly' as they may be; 10 yr warranty. I can see the value of that, even though I could fix them myself at zero labour cost.

If you are in the lettings game and want to put cheap stuff in, cheaply installed, no powerflush etc there's only one likely outcome. In two words, false economy.

And you never know, you might get 4 good years out of it, someone else has. I've been told by someone in the trade that Ideal's reputation in council contracts with their 'new' boilers hasn't been marvellous. And the old ones were grim.

We've just built a few flats for rentals and put Worcesters in, 'costly' as they may be; 10 yr warranty. I can see the value of that, even though I could fix them myself at zero labour cost.

If you are in the lettings game and want to put cheap stuff in, cheaply installed, no powerflush etc there's only one likely outcome. In two words, false economy.

I think everyone has a differing opinion to he honest, it is confusing. We have a Worcester at home, time will only tell if it lasts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back