Ideal Isar HE24 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is 14 years old. I had problems with the water heating in the shower, the engineer replaced the diverter valve (£160) in November but turned the central heating to a low setting (which I hadn't been aware of) consequently the radiators weren't fully heating. I had another engineer out yesterday who turned the central heating up but we now have the problem with water having to be turned down to a trickle to get warm water in the shower again. I really don't want the expense of a new boiler but is it worth having the heat plate replaced and about how much would it cost? Or any other advice would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
Turning the heating temp up should not affect the hw, certainly doesnt sound like the plate heat exchanger, if the water was fine with the CH temp turned down

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back