Ideal ISAR HE30 no main display

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Main display does not work at all.

The incoming mains is OK - where is the internal T3.15 fuse located and how is this changed? I can;t see any fuse on the main ( orange PSB ). There is a black plastic pin sticking out from the orange box. is that fuse cover? how do you take this off ?

any other ideas, boiler is dead

Sponsored Links
Another Ideal Isar for the skip.
Replace it. It will be cheaper and less painful in the long run.

Sponsored Links
If you are a radio engineer then you should know how to change fuses.

Fuses protect a circuit against overload.

If a fuse has blown then the current has been exceeded.

You are not going to get anywhere with this. You have been warned!

Tony

If you are a radio engineer then you should know how to change fuses.

Fuses protect a circuit against overload.

If a fuse has blown then the current has been exceeded.

You are not going to get anywhere with this. You have been warned!

Tony

Hi Tony,

I am not sure if I have said something to upset you .. so unclear why are you warning me.

The issue is, I can see in the circuit diagram reference to fuse T3.15 , so i wanted to check this out to see if it is blown. The problem is that I can't find where the fuse is, it is not visible.

I understand the function of the fuse.

So if anyone knows where is this fuse and how it can be changed than I would much appreciate .

It may be that the display unit is dead or the main orange PCB - so does anyone know how to determine what is the issue.

Thanks

The fuse is very visible if you know where to look. ;)

The fuse is very visible if you know where to look. ;)

I suspect it's behind the black plastic pin sticking out of the PCB box, but it seems quite solid and I do not wish to pull it out in case I create more damage,...

Found the fuse, tested with multimeter and it is OK.

Is there any test I can perform to diagnose main PCB fault , as it could be display unit or orange pcb ?

thanks

trust me its the board also trust me when i tell you want another boiler it will be less painful

trust me its the board also trust me when i tell you want another boiler it will be less painful

This unit is only 3 years old ? , I admit had few problems with the boiler, failed diverter valve, leak on the air release valve, but unit I hope will last few more years. ( I have now checked posts here , plenty of failed boards and poor reputation )

But the reality is to have the new boiler is lot of money, disruption, and I have two small children home,... this one was fitted by BG, ...

If it is board I can probably change myself - need to find one - but the work will not involve gas, so I guess can be done by myself.

I assume PCB comes with warranty ?

cheap boilers = expensive parts

get a worcester bosch fitted next year! in the mean time get a new PCB!

I had one once fail 3 times in a year! the cost of the pcb was outragous! thats why if i get a phone call from someone asking about a faulty isor,icos or whatever i reply, " que, je ne says par" and quickly put the phone down!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back