Ideal Isar - Programer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Help!!!!

I have just made the grand mistake of buying and installing an Ideal Isar 24HE Condensing Combi Boiler. :cry:

I originally bought an independent a Honeywell programmer/ timer thing, however when my electrician went to fit it he said it was not compatible.

I am often out of the house for long periods of time an generally only need the heating for a couple of hours in the morning and the evening

Can anyone recommend a programmer/ timer?

Thanks
D

Sponsored Links
Why is it supposedly incompatible? All the wiring on an Isar is at 230V and all you need is a switched live back to the terminal block to tell it to come on for ch.

I think your sparky is telling porkies unless you haven't told us the full story :confused:

I like the HE Isar, much better than the old m30100

not a bad boiler on a CLEAN system

Sponsored Links
Thats me all over

But the HE is a much better boiler now than it used to be and most of the issues of the old one have been sorted

:)

I also Like ravenheats

:)

After going to installer live I now like the Broags even more and the Halsteads because of the flexible flue liner option. (and my mate is their local repair agent if they go wrong:cool: )

Only problem is I can't be seen buying a boiler from a shed :eek:

He said that the programmer has to be wired to a cylinder and my boiler did not have one

I would guess from that comment that its a twin channel one, in which case just use one channel.

He obviously hasn't a clue. Where did you find him?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back