Ideal Logic boiler - faulty gas valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Just after some friendly thoughts on a fault I have with my Ideal Logic ESP1 35 combi boiler.

Background..
House was purchased as a new build. Boiler fitted Sept 2020, quality checked October 2020. We moved in November 2020.
1st service in December 2021. 2nd service in Jan 2023.

From moving in to having it's second service we had fault free operation.

However less than 2 weeks after its last service we get bangs and flute noises and F2 fault code sporadically.

Guy who done the service comes back, inspects his service work and tells me everything performed on his service is good.
Instead he diagnoses the fault as being a faulty gas valve.
He had a replacement in his van - attempted to fit it - but it didn't work.

So my boiler is out of the 2 year warranty, but I would like to understand from more knowledgeable folk if this gas valve is expected to last longer than 26/27 months.
I personally feel it should be expected to last a "reasonable time" - and my expectations are at least 5 years. Some people would argue this would be the lifetime of the boiler, so long as it's looked after and serviced annually.

What are your thoughts please?
Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
your boiler comes with varying warranty periods, but builders buy them so cheap that the warranty is minimum, Ideal fixed price repair is your best option

Thanks for the feedback. It is appreciated.
I am keen to hear of others expectations of the lifespan of the part in the boiler.
Regardless of warranty, if it's fair that the product should last X number of years, then I'd expect ideal to sort that part out.
But If plumbers replace these parts daily, like how a mechanic replaces oil filters on cars, then i guess I might begrudgingly go down the route of using their repair service..

Sponsored Links
Your boiler has a well documented problem which needs sorting by someone familiar with Logics, hopefully it will cost you very little .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back