Ideal Logic Heat 18 Heat only - Removing Radiator

Your design will work, but is dependent on size of pipe you are teeing into, the size and length of new pipe run and the size of the new rads. More importantly, it contravenes building regs to do what you propose.

The entire system is runnin gon Hep2o 10mm pipework. So the tee will be from that. In terms of length from Tee, it will be just behind the wall on the other side. So it will be about 60-80cm for each pipe. The new radiators will be one double convector 1200 x 600 and another 1200 x 500. I checked the load and output of the boiler and the current consumption of the existing radiators are no more than 8kW and the boiler has output of 18kW.

What would be the correct way to add the 2 radiators that doesnt contravene building regs?

Sponsored Links
Your conservatory should have a heating system independent from the main house. Your 10mm pipes won't support the added load. Consider electric heaters, or reverse cycle air conditioners.

Did I miss something......Conservatory??!!

LOL, yes I am thinking to add a conservatory and right behind the walls there are 2 radiators and wanted to know if I can Tee off them but from what ive read the 10mm pipes are not going to be able to cope with the 2 extra radiators. Electric heating will be rather expensive to run. Just wondering if there is any other solution?

Sponsored Links
LOL, yes I am thinking to add a conservatory and right behind the walls there are 2 radiators and wanted to know if I can Tee off them but from what ive read the 10mm pipes are not going to be able to cope with the 2 extra radiators. Electric heating will be rather expensive to run. Just wondering if there is any other solution?

I did miss something!! Anyway, I've fitted a few HP/AC split units in conservatories. Great for a blast of heat or cool air in the summer John;
http://www.coolequipment.co.uk/daikin-air-conditioning-ftx20jv-20kw-wall-mount-low-inverter

I'm moving one of the radiator that I was thinking to Tee off about 1.5 to 2meters away. So I will be coupling the 10mm flow and return pipes before it goes to the new location. Will it help if i couple it and change it to 15mm before it goes to the new location and then Tee off the 15mm ?

Just wondering, all the radiators have 10mm plastic pipes. Does this mean that 10mm runs all through the system. or is it actually running bigger than 10mm and only at certain points before the radiators do they change to 10mm? If 10mm cannot support load for extra radiators I am thinking does that not mean the supply technically is bigger than 10mm and maybe at some point before the radiators it is changing to 10mm?

I'm moving one of the radiator that I was thinking to Tee off about 1.5 to 2meters away. So I will be coupling the 10mm flow and return pipes before it goes to the new location. Will it help if i couple it and change it to 15mm before it goes to the new location and then Tee off the 15mm ?

If you're adding a radiator you'd be better connecting to the main CH flow & return. Radiators will fart at thunder in a conservatory, too much heat loss. You want hot air or underfloor heating.

Just wondering, all the radiators have 10mm plastic pipes. Does this mean that 10mm runs all through the system. or is it actually running bigger than 10mm and only at certain points before the radiators do they change to 10mm? If 10mm cannot support load for extra radiators I am thinking does that not mean the supply technically is bigger than 10mm and maybe at some point before the radiators it is changing to 10mm?

The 10mm will connect to the main CH flow & return in every case. It maybe teed or onto a manifold.

Thanks. I think maybe some efficient electric heater in the conservatory will be my best choice. Will look around. Was reading up about infrared electric heaters that are supposed to be very good for conservatories.

Back to my original topic which was me moving an existing radiator around 1.5-2meters away. Shall I just couple the pipe with the same 10mm pipe? Also, instead of using the radiator that I remove, can I change it with a taller designer one?

Also in my bathroom, I want to move the radiator so i can fit a vanity unit. This would require the pipe to be extended by about 2.5meters. Shall I couple it with the same 10mm pipe? Can I upgrade from the small radiator to a tall towel rail radiator?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back