ideal vogue or intergas combi?

Unless sneak thief came in over night and changed it, it was there the last time I looked.[/quote]

They'd have plenty to choose from. Since contributing to the forum, in your many guises (and prior to your new found fetish for Vokera SE), you've had the following installed at home.

2 Avanta combis linked, 2 Intergas Combis linked, Ethos Combi, Rinnai water heater, Pandora heat bank, ACV Heatmaster and any number of thermal stores

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I think the thing to worry more about is the reliability and costs associated with a fix, the vogue is 10 years peace of mind as all the faults fixed are in the 10 year guarantee at no extra cost to you, other than a yearly service which you have to do anyway whichever brand you go with, the intergas at best are about half that if the gas engineer has been to intergas to be trained, if not I think its about half that again, the reason i dont know is that I dont fit Intergas any more due to the problems with them, yes problems, I like a lot of people bought into the less is more= reliability, wrong, I have had numerous faults and call backs, the most worrying thing was when I went back to service them they were wet through inside, I was convinced I had done something wrong, until I was speaking to intergas technical and they let it be known that the fan had a fault in the design and that it was sucking water back into the boiler, they said they would send a fix out that I could fit, I could fit! that was the icing on the cake, no announcement, no warnings as well as the spark generator problem, as a gas engineer I expect them to contact me when they know of a fault and fix the fault them selves, so what would I go for, well peace of mind at no cost to me is worth everything, the ideal logic only comes with 7 years, 7 or 10 for a few more quid, the choice is yours.

One post in 5 years and it is to assume a 10 year warranty is going to be worth anything? ;)

A few more sentences and paragraphs might help make that drivel more readable. Hence the delay in my post below (plus I am on my mobile)

It wasn't a fan fault.

On some combis, condensate was recirculated when at full tilt so they put in a flappy thing in the fans to prevent it. Again, not had to it myself.

Plenty of manufacturers issue updates and modifications without telling the world.

Ideal had God knows how many revisions to the Isar generation of shyte. Most of which made a turd of a product even worse.

Potterton revised their PCBs on the Suprima well into double figures and the current one is still a box of crap.

IGUK do need to up their game in the aftersales department but I know this is happening. Including extra field engineers.

As I have found the product very reliable, I have little experience of them outside of me getting a box from the merchants and the occasional clarification of a technical query I already knew the answer to thanks to my dealings with the boiler in its original form - going back ten years.

And Vaillant with their self combusting ecotec range wasn't known about unless the warranty was registered at which point they flogged your customer's private data to Homeswerve :LOL:

Hardly a decent point of debate.

Lee's dislike of the aesthetics is also arguable. I have had people prefer the low profile looks over the washing machine-esque Vague and ecotec. It is only 270mm deep without the backpack (which is being revised next year, and a new model should be coming with an internal vessel and central flue).

John- maybe you'd be bet advised to buy a boiler from Dan. None of his ever suffer from the common faults everyone knows about. ;)

mind u intergas & Ideal are probably 2 of the manus that do not use a load of plastic in there boilers

No rubber hoses , no plastic manifolds no composite/stainless steel heat exchangers

un-like WB , Viessmann , Vaillant , Baxi , gloworm etc etc

yep they are in the all or predominantly all metal boiler manu club not the plastic , rubber composite club = Mutton dressed up as lamb ;) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back