ideal vogue or intergas combi?

Sponsored Links
Cheeky :LOL: can't you buy a decent phone ffs? :p

Cypher, I do where appropriate. As Lee mentioned, some places /people are not suitable. I have found it much easier with some simply to set the flow temperatures low, and keep shtum.

In terms of the fabled hot slug, and slow response. Nothing beats reading the manuals and using things as designed and by the rules ;) :p

TMV valves are not expensive.

The weather sensor is about £20 iirc.

So its basically a sludge bucket disguised as a combination boiler. :LOL:
No wonder Dr Drivel has been flushed out.

Tumbleweed.gif

Sponsored Links
Reading this whole thread, one, SilentDancer, says Intergas are crap because he thinks they are slightly less efficient. As they have few parts they obviously will be more reliable, cost less to service and less call out charges over its life so any slight increase in gas cost will be more than compensated by less maintenance charges. Then there is the reliability which equates to far less cold showers or no heat in the house. The other gripe is that hot water can be 70C at the tap in winter, unless a weather compensator sensor is fitted. The boiler has weather compensation as standard. Not to fit the sensor is madness when the boiler comes with it. They save gas. Back to efficiency, the Intergas with the weather compensator must be more efficient than an Ideal combi (supposed to be more efficient) without.

I don'tnt think you understand how weather comp works. At 0℃ outside flow temp will be at the maximum and therefore in the middle of winter you would get a 80℃+ slug out of the tap.

Reading this whole thread, one, SilentDancer, says Intergas are crap because he thinks they are slightly less efficient. As they have few parts they obviously will be more reliable, cost less to service and less call out charges over its life so any slight increase in gas cost will be more than compensated by less maintenance charges. Then there is the reliability which equates to far less cold showers or no heat in the house. The other gripe is that hot water can be 70C at the tap in winter, unless a weather compensator sensor is fitted. The boiler has weather compensation as standard. Not to fit the sensor is madness when the boiler comes with it. They save gas. Back to efficiency, the Intergas with the weather compensator must be more efficient than an Ideal combi (supposed to be more efficient) without.

I don'tnt think you understand how weather comp works. At 0℃ outside flow temp will be at the maximum and therefore in the middle of winter you would get a 80℃+ slug out of the tap.
If the Opentherm room thermostat is used as this again lowers the flow temperature along with the outside sensor, and the radiators are oversized it will not be 80C. The weather compensator can be set to 60C maximum. Most of the time a boiler is on part load, just like a car's engine. Most radiators are oversized and are oversized if double glazing and other insulation methods and draftproofing are used after the initial installation. Then there is incidental heat like the occupants, TV, lights, fridge, etc. Common sense really.

If the Opentherm room thermostat is used and the radiators are oversized it will not be 80C. The weather compensator can be set to 60C maximum. Most of the time a boiler is on part load, just like a car's engine. Most radiators are oversized and are oversized if double glazing and other insulation methods are used after the initial installation. Then there is incidental heat like the occupants, TV, lights, fridge, etc. Common sense really.

There's a big if there which is the radiators are oversized. In the majority of boiler replacement jobs are for 70/80s heating systems with radiators that are woefully small and designed to an 80℃ flow and 70℃ return.

Anyway I thought you were a big fan of standard efficiency boilers?

There's a big if there which is the radiators are oversized. In the majority of boiler replacement jobs are for 70/80s heating systems with radiators that are woefully small and designed to an 80℃ flow and 70℃ return.

Anyway I thought you were a big fan of standard efficiency boilers?
In 99% of cases they will be oversized. They always gave the 10% extra in sizing anyhow on top of what I stated. I would rather have a condensing boiler but cannot in my flat. But countless know-it-alls were saying I could not have one, and guess what? They were 100% wrong. But that is now a closed issues as I have a new Vokera SE keeping me warm right now.

Neither do you.

You can set the maximum temperature as required. . My house is set to run at a maximum of 55 although the new bathroom might mean I have to notch it up to 60.

afaik gloworm had this intial slug of hot water issue on there non plate exc combis hot water express (I think)

They got over it by increasing the size of the hot water supply pipe as it came out the boiler to 28mm for the 1st couple of feet .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back