Identify Alarm System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Afternoon all,

Firstly - yes i know it will be a very generic question, with very little info, please bear with me!

I'm trying to identify this alarm system for my sister who's just bought the flat it is installed in.

So far the only picture she has sent me is this:

which i think is of just the keypad (rather then the control panel with keypad build in).

Can anyone give me a make and or model of the keypad to start with? and then potentially what make/model the control unit could be? I'm aiming to figure out what model the alarm unit is without opening it so i can get the manual for it to then decide if its better to replace the unit or just re-program the codes and she can start using it...

The previous owner didn't leave anything behind which is a pain but that's what it is!

Sponsored Links
Got the manuals so at least i know what I'm looking at now!

Would you recommend using the same panel (assuming its working just needs user /engineer codes rest)?

If it works ok and does what you want ( as the zones are not fully programable ) don't change it , as always check and replace battery.

Sponsored Links
I'll be replacing the battery anyway - not sure how long its been in there, so will check charging voltages before ordering new one.

I'm sure it does do what it needs - the flat isn't that big so should cover what it needs. Will have a better idea once I've looked at the whole system, hopefully get away with new battery and bell...

The keypad looks boxed in somehow?
Quite good actually, neat & out of the way. Why does that seem to be a problem for you?

So what if the panel and keypad need changing eh? Would a galaxy keypad fit? Probably, would a Castle? No, Would a Texecom? No, Would the new menvier style fit? Probably not

See where I'm going with this...

Quite good actually, neat & out of the way. Why does that seem to be a problem for you?

So what if the panel and keypad need changing eh? Would a galaxy keypad fit? Probably, would a Castle? No, Would a Texecom? No, Would the new menvier style fit? Probably not

I just love 'what ifs', just make up any scenario to fit your theoretical raft of possible future problems.

I just love 'what ifs', just make up any scenario to fit your theoretical raft of possible future problems.

That was my original point you arsehole. But of course, any of the systems you fit never ever fail, and I forgot that every single keypad is the same size.

My original comment was simply an observation, so get off your high horse.

W*nker

Oh dear, someone else who can't use the English language without being abusive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back