Identifying 10mm\16mm T &E

Thanks to ALL for their help. I think it most definitely the larger imperial.

So apart from the obvious thing that I need to buy a pair of calipers ;) Can I get away with reusing this cable - do I have to replace it under the regs ?- it does actually fit my new cooker switch, so if I reuse it all I'll have to buy isenough 10mm to go from the switch to the connector to the cooker.

Sponsored Links
Umm !
293-334.jpg

:D

Ha a G Clamp!

OK it`s really a micrometer measuring instrument with a digital readout

Sponsored Links
Can I get away with reusing this cable - do I have to replace it under the regs ?

That would depend on the results obtained after carrying out relevant testing to ensure the cable is adequate for continued usage.

What would relevant testing involve ? I have been able to inspect the cable all the way back to the CU and it looks in good condition, but you are suggesting that the materials in it might degrade ?

What would relevant testing involve ? I have been able to inspect the cable all the way back to the CU and it looks in good condition, but you are suggesting that the materials in it might degrade ?

not all damage is physical or visible..
there may be a break in the cable somewhere ( easily proved with a continuity set multimeter ) or the insulation may have broken down ( which requires a special meter )..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back