identifying integral o/flow in siphon?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Q1 given a "traditional" 9" siphon how would i identify it as having an integral overflow
Q2 Is there any way of adjusting an integral overflow?
Q3 siphons with a 10mm hole in the lower body. What does this mean or ID?

Sponsored Links
Q1. by pushing down the float and over filling the cistern, if water then trickles down the back of the pan it is internal
Q2. some are adjustable but most are not, why would you want to anyway? it is normally an inch or so above the 9 litre mark anyway.

Q3. no idea what you on about !!

Q1 given a "traditional" 9" siphon how would i identify it as having an integral overflow
Q2 Is there any way of adjusting an integral overflow?
Q3 siphons with a 10mm hole in the lower body. What does this mean or ID?

Q1 due to syphonic action (thats why it is called a syphon :D) all syphons have an internal overflow, ie when the water rises in the inside it will trickle over and into the pan, however some cisterns have an external overflow pipe which is lower than the spill over lever of the syphon so the water goes outside and never rises inside the syphon
Q2 no
Q3 the hole is to adjust between 2 flush volumes, there would have been a cap for the hole in the bag when the syphon was new, you decide whether you want large or small flush and fit or leave off cap (cant remember which way round, open for small flush i suppose as the syphonic action will break when the water drops to the level of the hole)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back