Idiot in my space

Am I alone in this? Always feel more comfortable with 'semi sky semi road', or horizon halfway up reflecting in side mirrors on a level road .... Out of that now only about 15% 'sky' ... just a crane of neck now, to literally 'see' the spot beside the rear wheels ... Now, if I had mirrors with presets, nice to have one setting looking at the space beside rear wheels at the touch of a button...
Nah, just get that multi dented/coloured old Landrover with the RSJ bumpers front and back, who needs mirrors and who would park close by? .... C'mon, make my day punk !
;) :D :D

Sponsored Links
pipme said:
If two have inconsiderately parked, with the final parking spot between them and resulting in straddling a line ... Do you take the space? Pound to a pinch of doodah, both cars leave just after you walk away .... leaving just one par 'kin plonker ...

Pip, this is why I thought I'd be safe parking as far as I could from the front doors....obviously not.

I have a theory that says the person who did it is an inconsiderate parker.

It seems to me that nothing gets up some people's noses more than seeing someone else do something that they do all the time (and invariably get away with).

AdamW said:
Just came home to find a Merc A-class parked across my space and my neighbour's space... An A-class needs 2 spaces?!

I've left a note on their windscreen:

I Guess you mean an off road reserved place near your home- not the Public road o/s your house?

jtaunton said:
Her face then changed into what can best be described as a mask of rage, and she stormed back into Tesco to complain. Given that she obviously didn't have a child with her, God knows what she was going to base her complaint on, but I'm glad I was there to see her pick it up.
Shame you weren't able to casually follow her..

A tip for future occasions: Write your message on the windscreen in lipstick. Does absolutely no damage, but is extraordinarily difficult to remove.

Sponsored Links
use your mates ruler with the notch in it or slim jim as i think they are called to open the door, them **** on the drivers seat before locking it again

when they sit down and feel the wetness they know they havent got a leak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only works on fabric seats by the way

ban-all-sheds said:
A tip for future occasions: Write your message on the windscreen in lipstick. .

Nice to know what you keep in your glovebox...what colour? :LOL:

my big bug bear is the arseholes who park in disabled spaces and then go hop skipping into the store, without any badge displayed. my brother is wheelchair bound and it is a real feat for him to get out and about and get the wheel chair out the back of the car when some tossers parked right up his arse despite the big sticker in the back politley asking people not to.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen people with stickers, and/or who are disabled, abuse disabled parking spaces themselves.

Common abuses at my nearest supermarket are:

Car with disabled sticker, perfectly able-bodied driver, and nobody else in the car.

Car with disabled driver (probably), who remains in the car, in a disabled space, whilst a perfectly able-bodied driver goes into the store.

Car with perfectly able-bodied driver and disabled passenger using up a space for the whole time they are in the store, instead of dropping off the passenger and then driving off to a normal space.

In the first case, the badge could be faked or borrowed, or the activities could be taking place without the knowledge of the person who "owns" the badge. But in both of the last two, disabled people are themselves conniving with the unnecessary use of a disabled space - you'd think they would have more consideration.

petewood said:
ban-all-sheds said:
A tip for future occasions: Write your message on the windscreen in lipstick. .

Nice to know what you keep in your glovebox...what colour? :LOL:
Oh I don't bother with any of that, I just let their tyres down. Lipstick is a technique I heard about once, and out of interest I did try a small blob on my own car. It is a b****r to remove...

Nige: it's an actual allocated space, although speaking to a neighbour from up the road this afternoon it seems that many of the people on the road have claimed it is "general parking" when selling their houses... :eek: well, I've got the deeds that say otherwise :LOL:

Thermo, I must confess that I actually parked in a disabled space this afternoon... I felt awful about it. I checked my bank statement this morning, and a restaurant I visited earlier in the week had charged me twice. As I thought it would be a 2-minute job I parked in the only vacant space near the restaurant (a disabled space) left the hazards going, and ran in to sort it out. I refused to take a seat whilst they rang their bank, instead watching the car in case a worthy user came along... Luckily no-one required it in those few minutes I was waiting.

However, when I left the restaurant I noticed that some lazy g*ts, able-bodied with no orange sticker, who had been there for a meal, left and got into their car (on another disabled space) and drove off. It's not like there was nowhere else to park, the restaurant is on a leisure park with about a square mile of parking :eek:.

I can't understand it... I felt so guilty leaving my car there for 2 minutes even though I was in full view of it. Yet some people are prepared to leave a car there for what, an hour? Just to avoid walking 50 yards/getting dings on the paintwork of their 10 year old Renault Megane. :evil: :evil:

ban-all-sheds said:
I just let their tyres down.

Have you ever heard this one... if you want to REALLY annoy someone, let a tyre down, then use two-part epoxy to glue the wheel bolts into the hub :LOL:

Also I once read a suggestion that if you know the car will be left alone for a fairly long time, you can jack up one corner, slice the tyre at the top with a cut-off tool, then fill it with conrete. Once set, let the car down again. :LOL:

i would like to point out that dissabled does not mean some one that has a wheel chair, crutches or similar.

a long lost mate of mine, his wife is registerd as dissabled, but if any of you lot saw her you would think she isn't on the basis that she would turn up in a supermarket car park, park in the dissabled space and walk in an do her shopping.

her dissability is she can not walk far with out support, parking in a dissbaled space, walking to the trollys is not a problem, she can then "hang on to the trolley" for support.

I also believe if you are terminally ill, you can register as dissabled

as they say you can not judge a book by its cover

I have read that people who suffer from incontinence can get a disabled badge so they can park near a shop and dash in for a wee.

If you need a disabled badge, you should get one. I had a company-disabled badge when I tore the cartilage in my knee so I could park right next to my office. Without it I wouldn't have been able to work, as walking more than 10 yards or so was agony.

That month or so whilst I was walking like a roboplegic romcock (see "Brasseye" :LOL: ) I noticed that people DO treat you differently when you appear disabled. It sickened me at times... a good percentage of the public acted like I was invisible. :eek: I was in the supermarket and people were just rushing straight at me with trolleys, I had to jump (or hobble) out of the way to avoid getting run down. And it was not easy to do this, it was agony.

After the first time in Tesco (took me a couple of hours to get round for £20 of shopping) I was so upset I was on the verge of tears.

I have heard a handicapable person say "Tell you what, you can take my parking space if you take my disability with it!" :LOL:

my son has cerebal palsy but its just a condition that we live with and his left foot is turned in and he shambles along BUT i always park in normal places for his sake so we don't want him to think that he is not NORMAL like all the other people.if i did have a disabled badge i can imagine the abuse i would get from people and comments about 'he can walk o.k'just don't need any grief for his sake.
i remember a quote either from this forum or in the paper,"i asked why the lady had parked in the mother & baby space when she obviously did'nt have any kids with her?her reply-I HAVE GOT KIDS,THEY'RE AT HOME.still makes me laugh. :p

AdamW said:
I have read that people who suffer from incontinence can get a disabled badge so they can park near a shop and dash in for a wee... that`s right it`s an Orange one

Sponsored Links
Back