1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Idiots protesting in London

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonbey, 20 Sep 2020.

1. sodthisforfun

sodthisforfun

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If they had been considerate, we wouldn't be heading towards another lockdown..

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sponsored Links
  3. Munroist

Munroist

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If people would be a little more considerate then we wouldn't need lockdowns. Unfortunately we have a significant amout of people who either don't seem to understand waht is going on or don't give a dam.

I needed to vist my mother on saturday, she lives in a coastal village in Northmberland, this is a county that has just went into the recent restrictions - the village was packed to the gunnels with visitors, you could not have got more people in if you tried. I only got in as she has her own parking spot. Very few people are taking any notice of the rules.

May be we should just let it run now, get it over and done with. We're all going to have to take our turn with it sooner or later, if we ever get a vaccine it will be years away, if we wait that long n some sort of semi lock down the economy will collapse and even more people will die in poverty.

I have no idea what is for the best, and I don't think anyone else does either. The gov is certainly in an un-winnable situation, whatever they do many will die.

4. sodthisforfun

sodthisforfun

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    While I agree wholeheartedly this gov have and continue to be utterly useless, I'd hardly call it draconian. Keeping away from each other unless your family/bubble and wearing a mask while up the shops is hardly severely limiting our lifestyle is it? To call it draconian makes me wonder who actually is the snowflake here..

And yes, people die. Let's not forget the medical staff who will be risking their lives again to care for those who want to get bladdered up the pub then get sick or selfishly refuse to wear a mask.... Just as importantly, let's not forget that some, seemingly healthy people - young ones too - are being left with side effects from covid that needs longer term attention. That costs loads, takes away NHS staff from other things and is avoidable..

5. Stivino

Stivino

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Maybe they were all there to visit their mother? :)

6. Dangee

Dangee

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I where a mask when I need to.
    Also, although not in all customers houses but specially the older ones.
    How would you feel if you knew that you were responsible for someone’s death.
    What is the harm in wearing a mask in a shop?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. sodthisforfun

sodthisforfun

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, a year old whiplash injury isn't on the high need list for attention, esp right now. Don't go to the doctor, go to see a physio - it's all they'd do anyway, put him a waiting list to see a physio. Sometimes we just need to think for ourselves and take some responsibility.

Last edited: 21 Sep 2020
  8. sodthisforfun

sodthisforfun

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I agree, a lot of people will get it but the way I look at it is, if the NHS is overwhelmed by covid cases, they simply won't be able to get the help. People will be turned away as there isn't an endless supply of NHS beds/staff/equipment. People who may have been saved with help will die, not to mention all resources being taken away from other people who have cancer, heart troubles etc... If the numbers go down, people play their part in trying to stop the spread then it becomes a steady trickle of people who need NHS help.

The pure selfishness of people in this country is breathtaking. The spoiled brats probably stood outside their homes every Thurs and clapped too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Mmmmm, that's a bit extreme. You are saying life is already too short, yet are suggesting to ignore a factor which might suddenly curtail it more than it need do.

I take reasonable precautions, wear a mask, avoid crowds, wash my hands more frequently - all without being paranoid or excessive, though I am in the 'at risk category'.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sponsored Links
  11. noseall

noseall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You'd think ryler and his buddies were being asked to give up a kidney or a limb. Apparently they don't like being told what to do - unless they are on a building site being told what to do.

Dumb does not even come close.

12. EFLImpudence

EFLImpudence

Thanks Received:
    Portugal
    Well, you say out of date; true it is six months old but that is what the WHO said, and presumably thought for years (ever?) until March. Why? Could it be right?

Are you seriously saying that until March the WHO did not know what masks did or how they worked and have only learned since?

Why is what they are saying now any more to be taken seriously?

Plus, as I noted, surgical masks should be used in a specific way to be effective.

A dirty - after one use - piece of cloth continually taken off, handled and put back on is not sensible.

13. Brigadier

Brigadier

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    When we're told (and we will be) to "stay at home".

14. sodthisforfun

sodthisforfun

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Dirty cloth - well, as I've said before, can't reason with stupid. I daresay it still helps somewhat though.

However, this virus is spreading differently, finer particles plus there isn't the 'safety net' of symptoms showing in all to help not spread the disease by keeping away! So the mask does help those without symptoms stop spreading it so readily/easily. They've also found out that for the wearer with this disease, the viral load seems to play a part on how seriously someone is effected. So through a mask, inhaling less of the virus won't stop you getting sick, but it may not be as bad.

As I said, the information is out of date. What WHO may think 6 months ago for other diseases isn't the case for this one. We, thankfully, have scientists at work on this, not keyboard warriors!! :)

That is why it should be taken more seriously. After all, if it helps just a little bit and enables us our freedoms, why not try?

15. johnny2007

johnny2007

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Standing ovation for you, Sir.
    I've been saying this for 6 months but unfortunately halfwit idiots like Notchy here want to live their life trying to avoid death.
    And they want to force their nonsensical ideas on to us all, to be locked indoors for the rest of our days, but covid-free.

16. johnny2007

johnny2007

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It wasn't me, was my friend and he hasn't got means to pay for private treatment.
    He worked 45 years non stop and paid hundred of thousands in tax.
    Now he can't see a doctor and his arm is going numb.
    All because of coronavirus.
    How many people have and will die because they haven't been seen during the coronavirus?
    How many will be left with permanent conditions which could've been cured if it wasn't for the coronavirus restrictions?
    But... it's all worth it, as long as we get another lockdown.
    Joke!
    And the best part was that the doctor said he had coronavirus symptoms.
    Double joke!

17. JohnD

JohnD

Thanks Received:
    Cook Islands
    Nonsense.

• Thanks Thanks x 1