The Truth is Out There

Sponsored Links
It really didn't. They said they under reacted

To a degree. They also acknowledge some countries with harder lockdowns had far worse outcomes. There is no perfect answer I guess.

Set up by the government under pressure from parliament, the commission concluded that Sweden’s broad policy was “fundamentally correct” but that it should have shut venues and taken other, tougher measures earlier in the pandemic.

The Scandinavian country polarised opinion at home and abroad by choosing not to follow most of the rest of the world in ordering lockdowns, adopting instead a largely voluntary approach of promoting social distancing and good hygiene.

The approach meant “citizens retained more of their personal freedom than in many other countries”, the report said, noting additionally that several countries that did impose strict lockdowns had “significantly worse outcomes” than Sweden.

But it criticised decisions not to close restaurants and shopping centres even briefly, and said it was “remarkable” that it took until 29 March for indoor events to be limited to 50 people. An interim report was highly critical of elderly care early in the crisis.

The panel of eight experts, including professors of economics and political science and a vicar, heard evidence behind closed doors from about 100 witnesses.

the commission concluded that Sweden’s broad policy was “fundamentally correct” but that it should have shut venues and taken other, tougher measures earlier in the pandemic.
Interestingly they have completed their Covid enquiry. Ours is years away.

Sponsored Links
Why are you talking as though covid is a conspiracy theory; unless you imagine the Chinese cooked up the virus in a lab then allowed it to escape from Wuhan into the wide world to bring the global economy to a grinding halt?
It's all a ball confusion what is the actual actuality of all that happens in the world and who pulls the strings.

You making an assumption on a gut feeling?
No, I read your link. You are an abject failure at explaining what you mean/post. You reap what you sow...

I thought he was busy with the 5G nanobots anyway?

It's all a ball confusion what is the actual actuality of all that happens in the world and who pulls the strings.

A common factor in a really good Conspiracy Theory is the ability to take two separate events and attribute circumstantial meaning behind them; such as the pandemic event attended by Bill Gates in your link: another i find interesting is the American Carrier Fleet deciding to go on manoovers in the Pacific Ocean just before the Japanese air force paid them a visit in Hawaii. It was a coincidence but knowing how the American government works in mysterious ways, many people still assert it was a deliberate act to bring America into the war. You can throw in 9/11 with that bowl of matzahballs an' all.
Who's pulling the strings?
How the F. should i know.
It's like attributing any meaning behind the creation of the Universe to some dude* in a bathrobe.
Sh!t happens.

(But the Dude abides.:cool:)

I see Owen Jones has penned an article in the guardian trying to work it out.

You mean this...mainstream misinformation by Owen Jones.

Anti-misinformation coverage – intentionally or otherwise – often whitewashes the role of mainstream outlets by claiming that it is the proliferation of new, internet-based media that is at the heart of the problem. But by virtue of wider circulation and respectability, the false theories promoted by mainstream publications do the most damage. This is clear to see, from deceitful claims about the Hillsborough disaster promoted by the Sun, to the way mainstream publications have helped radicalise the population against Muslims. Taking on misinformation in a real way would require scrutinising our biggest media institutions – but it would mean picking a fight with sharks, rather than minnows, even if it would take us far closer to the actual truth.

Or the kind of misinformation to make 52% of the population believe leaving the EU would "set them free"?
Letting fringe ****wits like Farago loose in the MSM was a part of the degradation of the news cycle which it's struggling to regain - 'verified live' on the BBC is part of that rebrand but won't help them put the genie back in the bottle easily.

Sponsored Links
Back