The Truth is Out There

Sponsored Links
I've only time to skim a few pages but it looks like an interesting read for the 'morrow. Would it go as far back as, say, the French Revolution, when the rumour mill led to countless deaths in the chaos and ultimately, La Guillotine?
I'd say a conspiracy theory is just a rumour on steroids, multiplied in the echo chamber of the internet, these days.

Sponsored Links
And the fertilizer of online forums.
Well, a garden needs good fertiliser to help plants grow so your analogy can work in interesting ways depending on where you stand, no?

From Denso's link...
The core conclusion that emerges from these data is that conspiracy theories have not increased over time, and if there ever has been an “age of conspiracism,” it is not in the present decade. Uscinski and Parent reason that, insofar as the Internet plays a role in conspiracy theorizing, its role seems restricted to replacing other means of communication. Evidence suggests that the aversive feelings that people experience when in crisis—fear, uncertainty, and the feeling of being out of control—stimulate a motivation to make sense of the situation, increasing the likelihood of perceiving conspiracies in social situations. We then explain that after being formed, conspiracy theories can become historical narratives that may spread through cultural transmission. We conclude that conspiracy theories originate particularly in crisis situations and may form the basis for how people subsequently remember and mentally represent a historical event.

A bit poor taste imho posting that.
It's a common tactic for politicians, corp' bosses, heads of institutions and those in the public eye, to sneak out unfavourable reports, during times of other crisis.

Didn't you know?

It's a common tactic for politicians, corp' bosses, heads of institutions and those in the public eye, to sneak out unfavourable reports, during times of other crisis.

Didn't you know?
I was referring to the poster of the comment.

Everything is a distraction.

Yes, and the post was pertinent and truthful.

Not all news is, no. Some news articles complement on another.
I don’t think it was an article, more of a ramble.

Unless we have a source for it ?

Covideers and brexiteers are it seems of the same breed...

In denial as their blind beliefs in the official policies slowly but surely get exposed for the cons that they are/were!

Both issues are real of course, but the reactions are all part of something that they don't realise are connected to the 'reset'...

Even politicians and the money markets are now using that word 'reset'...

"City figures expect the market to undergo a ‘big reset’ over the next nine months"

Lol, hedging your bets there a bit...
Nope, but you are...

No further erroneous claims from you saying where I stated the 'virus' wasn't real?

Has brexit happened?

Now read my post again and digest the words, "the official policies slowly but surely get exposed for the cons that they are/were"

Brexit was a con and the reaction to the 'virus' was a con...

Only those with a totally blind approach can now deny that!

No it wasn't. Gut feelings are a bad thing to rely on.
It was. A massive overreaction to a virus that 99% of people recover from.

The lockdown did far more damage than good. That’s a fact.

Sponsored Links
Back