IDS 105 UK wash and end lights flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I assume these are lights 1 and 3, however that doesn't give anything on their website: https://www.indesitservice.co.uk/dishwasher-repair/error-codes

After starting a program, the washer drains, fills, then immediately after the filling sound stops, the error lights flash and the washer drains.

The water that has been filling is not warm.

I assumed this may be a heater fault (indicated by light 1 only flashing rather than 1 and 3). Have taken it out and the resistance across the element and terminals is OK, something like 35ohms.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I have found a suggestion that it might be the drain hose - it has to go up then down, to retain water in the machine. Also check the mesh filter inside the machine.

I have found a suggestion that it might be the drain hose - it has to go up then down, to retain water in the machine. Also check the mesh filter inside the machine.
Thanks for the quick reply! I've just done both of those and it seems to be happy! Amazing, thank you! That'll teach me for jumping in taking it apart to try and find the problem before checking the simple things!

One other thing I have found, if the machine is left dormant for a long time, trying to use it with the Eco program seems to lead to this symptom. Running a normal wash seems to reset something so that subsequent eco washes work.

Sponsored Links
had this problem again after a period of not using the dishwasher, pouring a litre or so of boiling water in and then running it seems to have sorted it. saw some posts suggesting lights 1 and 3 can be caused by blockages in one of the pipes or pressure sensor so tried a lazy fix

had this problem again after a period of not using the dishwasher, pouring a litre or so of boiling water in and then running it seems to have sorted it. saw some posts suggesting lights 1 and 3 can be caused by blockages in one of the pipes or pressure sensor so tried a lazy fix

It sounds like the water level sensor may be becoming blocked. Look down from the top of the machine, top cover removed, power off. See see if you can see an object shaped like a pair of small saucers, convex side to convex side, with a rubber pipe going down to the drum, and two electrical connection on it. That is a diaphragm pressure switch. As water goes into the drum, it goes up the pipe and applies a tiny amount of air pressure on a diaphragm. The diaphragm operates a microswitch.

Blowing very gently in the bottom end of the pipe, after detaching it, you should hear the microswitch click, if not it has failed or the pipe blocked. Remove pipe completely if blocked and flush it out. Also clean out the spigot the pipe fits upon, on the drum with a bit of wire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back