If i ruled the world....

techwondo said:
Immediate painfull death for anyone who makes, appears in or watches any programmes with "property" in the title.
I have to disagree here. This is a DIY forum after all. And Sarah Beeny is nice looking. And i have to say I am a fan of Kevin McCloud's final thoughts :LOL: That Kirstie Allsop is nice looking too. In a sort of cuddly way. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I vote for Softus to rule the world. Who would want a peaceful and balanced planet .....??

I vote for Softus to rule the world. Who would want a peaceful and balanced planet .....??

BOB DOLE's the guy for me.
Intelligence, wit, style, charisma, foresight, what more could you want.
I'm surprised GB hasn't got him on the cabinet yet.
Sorry I forgot modesty as well.

Crafty said:
techwondo said:
Immediate painfull death for anyone who makes, appears in or watches any programmes with "property" in the title.
I have to disagree here. This is a DIY forum after all. And Sarah Beeny is nice looking. And i have to say I am a fan of Kevin McCloud's final thoughts :LOL: That Kirstie Allsop is nice looking too. In a sort of cuddly way. :LOL:

No, sorry you are wrong.

Insufferably smug middle class idiots are shown around a procession of houses, which they all refuse in the most trivial of reasons. They then finally plump for one and go on to remove any real personality out of it - making a home into a house - and then let it out for even more money.

Thats good television?

Do you think that is why John Logie Baird spent all that time messing about with coffin lids and hat boxes?

What happened to the BBC's responsability to make intelligent informative and entertaining programming?

Sponsored Links
To go

reality tv

vote by text or press red button tv programs

any loud boom boom music played in cars at 150DB

Cars driven by people and the people that drive them that play music at 150DB

anyone that refers to an event such as the london bombings or similar as 7/7 rather than the actual date

mobile phones (yes i have one but the world did exist without them)

crap factory farmed food

supermarkets that take over the world to the detriment of the small producer/shop

anyone that blatently tries to sell/advertise mechandise that is unsuitable for your children to children

sunday shopping (we got by without it before)

politicians (but then youre world ruler anyway so theyd be gone i suppose)

call centres

118trades (give me my bloody refund you promised you stealing bastards)

forget first knight, Thermo, your heir to the throne.

wise words Thermo, very wise. ;)

why thank you my lord as ever your loyal servant...........................................

next to go noseall so i can rule the world (now to implement my plan using sublimimal messages and chilean swamp bats)

Unfortunately we will never be rid of the 'reality/property' type programmes as they are cheap to make and as our licence fees keep rising it means more bunce in the pockets of TV's fat cats..........................top of my all time most hated programmes - Changing Rooms. They winge/cry at the end when they don't like the room - you took part in the F*****g programme, you knew what you were getting in to for F***s sake.

Rant over :D

And one more thing i would do i would give free housing and benefits for all refugges and i would ban smoking in public places. I would send all under 21,s to Iraq for 6 months, and free meals on wheels to all those with blue badges,

People here ranting about the license fee. I bet you all have Sky or Virgin media. Sky customers pay £500+ per year for their service. Which comprises several hundred channels, the vast majority of which you will never watch.

You pay the BBC £135.50 per year. So they make the odd programme you dont like. A hell of a lot more people watch BBC channels (and the programmes you think are 5h1t) than ABC1 or Tarrot TV, which you, and most other people, probably never watch.

My point is, you pay Sky a lot more for a lot more tripe, AND they show adverts on their channels.

I agree with scrapping the license fee, I dont see the point in the BBC NOT showing adverts, its a much more lucrative way of making money, especially given how many people use the BBC services.

Crafty said:
You pay the BBC £135.50 per year. So they make the odd programme you dont like. A hell of a lot more people watch BBC channels (and the programmes you think are s**t) than ABC1 or Tarrot TV, which you, and most other people, probably never watch.

Here is the list of programmes that the BBC is currently making that i watch....

Doctor Who,
Top Gear,

Thats it. Just those 2 programmes - and im being charitable, those 2 arn't on now. The rest of their current output (i wouldnt even call them programmes) are either uninteresting or, frankly, rubbish. £130+ for less than 20 hours of watchable TV per year, oh joy.

Yes, i have Sky, but i choose to give them my money, its not demanded off me with menaces. Added to that nearly all my TV viewing is done on my Sky subscription, so yes, i do pay Sky more than the BBC, but i get more TV out of them.

I have to admit, (except for driving offences which I've already admitted, am genuinely shameful for, and will never do again) - there is one law which I flagrantly disobey, and that's the TV license.

I have never had one, never will, and it's a point of principal. I happily pay my council tax because I see streetlights lit up, I see police patrols, and I have my refuse collected once a week. That's value for money.

My TV is on for perhaps 10 hours per month. Literally. When it is on, it's usually when I have friends round and it's on the music channel, or if I have the day off work I'll watch Countdown.

I get news and weather every day - from the internet or local radio, without touching the TV remote.

If I did get prosecuted, I'd pay the fine without question, but then immediately throw the TV in the nearest skip.

That's 20mins a day.

If that were me, I'd scrap the telly & replace it with DAB.

slick50 said:

A recipe for worldwide anarchy. :(

Sponsored Links
Back