Im a plonker.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So after levelling the floor of my new kitchen extension I proceeded to tile it throughout.

I took my time doing it. Everything was nice and level and even with a large kitchen island to contend with all tiles lined up exactly. Grouted it all and cleaned it. Well chuffed with it.

A few days later the wife asks when will be able to put the heating on. The heatings on I said.

No she says not the rads.......the kitchen floor heating.

After spending over £200 on underfloor heating wire and thermostat i had forgot to lay it.

AAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHHHHH.....Please somebody shoot me.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It was just a case of laying and securing the heating cable down then fixing the tiles on top.

Id prepped it all the work before. Got up one morning worked out where all tiles needed to be.

Mixed the adhesive then started laying them. Id completely forgot about the heating !

Luckily the two large radiators we have in kitchen are doing the job. Just a case of wearing slippers !

I have been looking at central heating plinth heaters which could easily be fitted but I hear they can be noisy.

Some of the flooring stats/controllers allow you to ignore the in-tile thermostat and use the ambient room temperature.

Um, he did say that he'd forgotten the heating cable as well. He just hasn't said when he'll get up the courage to fess up to the missus.

I have been looking at central heating plinth heaters which could easily be fitted but I hear they can be noisy

For most of the time, the kitchen will be noisy enough that you won't notice anything. Check for the noise levels for any that you go for.

Um, he did say that he'd forgotten the heating cable as well. He just hasn't said when he'll get up the courage to fess up to the missus.

Whoops, I missed that. Tnx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back