Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
should there be a 21amp double pole switch or a 13amp to a immersion heater
thanks

Sponsored Links
depends on the circuit and the element.
as most elements are 3KW that's 12.5A @240V.. so a FCU will do, but if its only a 20A or 16A circuit ( dedicated radial ) then a 20A DP switch will do..

The element is a standard 3kw, so 13a will do. I spec Mk and they rate DP as 20a.

Sponsored Links
it has its own circuit with a 15amp wire breaker? two 11" elements,1.5mm or 2.5mm does this depend on the fcu?
thanks

each element will require it's own FCU as they are both 3KW.. length doesn't matter ..

is this an existing immersion or a new installation?

hi coljak the 2.5 t&E from the cu is old,the immersions are new,and i want to put new fcu or dp switch but need advice on which one also flex size from fcu or dp to immersion

coljak!i posted this one as i received your last post! so i apologise for that, in regards to the question it wasnt answered in two posts,so ffs dont be a smart one! straight foward question 13amp fcu or 20amp dp switch 1.5mm flex or 2.5mm flex i am not a electrician so i dont know hence the questions i wanted to be certain,isnt what these forums are for? do reply otherwise!

I posted teh reply full 10 mins before you posted the same question again.. and youd already been told on here that either a FCU or a DP switch would do..
as for cable rating..
you know that you have a 15A fuse, and B&Q have their flex marked as rated in amps.. so it's not hard to pick the one that's rated higer than 15A is it?

I'm starting to see more and more similarities between devil109 and lammiegb....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back