Immigrant Truck Deaths - Could Driver Be Innocent?

The Irish border is not the primary source of illegal immigration into the UK.
Illegal immigration is concentrated on mainland British ports.
So why has been all the emphasis been on the Ulster /Republic of Ireland border.

Because it would become a land border with the single market

Havent you been following the news for 3 years (n)

Sponsored Links
There has always been a border between the 2 jurisdictions for the last 100 years, so what is the problem.

Because it would become a land border with the single market

Havent you been following the news for 3 years (n)

The Vatican city has a land border with the single market/eu, that's an open border isn't it?

And what about San Marino and Monaco?
But it can't be done in Ireland because, err, well because.

Sponsored Links
So why do you want Brexit....as that will have less controls.

Brexiteers complain that the EU dont control borders and simultaneously complain the EU have too much control

Brexiteers want to take back control, but have been arguing for 3 years that no checks are needed on the Irish border.
Oh and the Brexit no deal plans are to have no inward bound controls.

I do want more controls over entry into the U.K.
Also I personally would wish control at border between NI and the ROI, but I have to accept the Good Friday Agreement was for open border to trade (to some extent). Not that I have any great love for that so called agreement though.
[And obviously if we follow the agreement, we must then not allow a border in Irish Sea].
So that is why just about everyone , including all political parties are agreeing no checks on border. Only the mischief makers have been talking about imaginary checks - including that Irish Prime Minister repeatedly telling lies.
The Irish border has always been open anyhow and ironically there has been a political and financial border and this remains. Different laws, currency, VAT, etc.

So your point is that we must leave the EU and we must stop Freedom of Movement, is that right?

So you want people entering the UK to be controlled, is that right?

So you want to have immigration checks on people entering the UK

And because you want to stop EU freedom of Movement you want immigration checks on people entering the UK from the EU

Do you disagree with any of those points?

If so, which?

And what about San Marino and Monaco?
But it can't be done in Ireland because, err, well because.
Someone it appears doesn't understand the reasons behind the good friday agreement and it's significance in stopping decades of killing...

But then I guess in order to equate the borders of San Marino and Monaco to the island of Ireland, there must surely be a (so far untold) recent history of violence between different religious/political groups in those regions that you can point us to? :rolleyes:

There has always been a border between the 2 jurisdictions for the last 100 years, so what is the problem.
Your stupidity is the problem.

Dont you get bored peddling garbage.

I do want more controls over entry into the U.K.
Also I personally would wish control at border between NI and the ROI, but I have to accept the Good Friday Agreement was for open border to trade (to some extent). Not that I have any great love for that so called agreement though.
[And obviously if we follow the agreement, we must then not allow a border in Irish Sea].
So that is why just about everyone , including all political parties are agreeing no checks on border. Only the mischief makers have been talking about imaginary checks - including that Irish Prime Minister repeatedly telling lies.
The Irish border has always been open anyhow and ironically there has been a political and financial border and this remains. Different laws, currency, VAT, etc.

Stop peddling garbage, its boring.

The Vatican city has a land border with the single market/eu, that's an open border isn't it?

Fillyboy says: 'the Vatican city has an open border, so that means border checks elsewhere in the world are pointless.'

The Irish border is not the primary source of illegal immigration into the UK.
Illegal immigration is concentrated on mainland British ports.
So why has been all the emphasis been on the Ulster /Republic of Ireland border.

The fuss created by the EU about the Irish border is a load of boIIocks - one of its many tactics designed to make things awkward for Britain and delay the exit process. The EU does not care about borders; we have seen many times in recent years how it allows immigrants to flood in across all of its other borders. Forget the Irish border question - it is a delaying tactic.

Hello Andy

Do you want free and uncontrolled movement of people between the EU and the UK? No checking of passports, visas, eligibility, criminal record, nationality?

Sponsored Links
Back