Immigration Crisis

I understand the world does not want to come here, just 40,000 in 10 months is too many for us to adopt,
That's a strange thing to say.
The Government accepted applications from nearly 200,000 Ukrainians up until June 2022.

Sponsored Links
I am offering an alternative, but you're dismissing it out-of-hand: a safe and legal route.
Opening our doors to anyone who wants to come here is NOT an acceptable alternative.
You do not suggest how to establish 'a safe and legal route'. The UK is over populated already and we do not have the financial ability to absorb the numbers claiming asylum.

Opening our doors to anyone who wants to come here is NOT an acceptable alternative.
You do not suggest how to establish 'a safe and legal route'. The UK is over populated already and we do not have the financial ability to absorb the numbers claiming asylum.
Here is an alternative. I'm confident it's not the only option.
If only the UK would put some finance into a safe and legal crossing.
One ferry, sailing every fortnight, with about 2,000 asylum seekers would easily accommodate all potential asylum seekers.
They would be under immediate care and supervision, and even their claim could be started while on-board.

Then the Government would need to mend agreements and create new ones to deal with the failed asylum seekers in a humane and effective process.
Currently, even failed asylum seekers can not be returned in the possibility of returning them to war, persecution, etc, due to the UNHCR non-refoulement clause.

In addition if asylum seekers were allowed o work, it would help the labour shortage.

Anyone can apply to come here, then the process is supposed to decide who meets the criteria.
But because the process is so broken, anyone who can get here is accepted, or if rejected they are still allowed to stay.

Many places are 'over -populated' when it's a useful excuse to deny safe harbour for others. But that's a selfish and inhumane argument rather than a rational one.
If the asylum seekers were allowed to work they would need less support.

And please don't use the metric of the number of houses to decide whether population is too much or not.

Sponsored Links
, just 40,000 in 10 months is too many for us to adopt,

That's a strange thing to say.
The Government accepted applications from nearly 200,000 Ukrainians up until June 2022.

Ukranians are not crossing the channel Illegally or Dangerously, they are using the legal route by applying to come here.
The method of transport or arrival is immaterial.
If the UK cannot absorb 40,000 in ten months how come they can welcome 200,000 in three months?

it just show the desperation and irrationality in your claim.

Also, how many of them are genuine refugees.
most of them

Also a lot of these people are from Albania
only in the last few months

a lot arent from Albania.

You seem to suggest that the solution is to throw open our doors to all who claim persecution.
ah yes a rather common claim.

So what is your suggested solution.
I suggest starting off by processing them quickly, like we used to do

Ffs not this argument still. And i notice Mr 'Brown men in boats' stil at it. Previously attempting to try and stifle our argument by labelling us racist bigots following an extreme right wing farage :D Well that aged well didn't it.

No they're not welcome a close friend of mine sees first hand who these people are, and i can tell you with confidence it's been the same for a long while and has always been a high percentage of young 'single' men throughout. LEts stop playing this bullshit card we are turning away war torn women and children fck off idiots.

French are responsible for what goes on in France

Fact is the French want rid of this migrants from France so why would they make to much of effort to stop some thing that is to there advantage

( scoundrels)
And now they're charging what another 8 million to do fck all, when we were paying them 54 million?

As for the thousands of Albanians

Blimey the French don’t want there crime figures going up

Reminds me some what of the thousands of Cubans years ago fleeing Cuba to the US

The great and the good in the states insisted and campaigned to allow the Cubans in

Fidel Castro saw an oppurtunity and emptied his prisons and lunatic asylums and sent them to the US :ROFLMAO:

And now they're charging what another 8 million to do fck all, when we were paying them 54 million?

Exactly the french scoundrels always see an oppurtunity to rinse some money out of a crisis

French plod in Calais get to bolster there pay check courtesy of a fat brown envelope from the Albanian gangs

Dare say there is a massive que of french plod asking for a transfer to Calais ;)

You wouldn't be a Labour Party Member would you? I understand the world does not want to come here, just 40,000 in 10 months is too many for us to adopt,
I am not a political animal, just suggesting a easy, cheap, quick, practical solution to an accepted problem.
I think it’s reasonable to conclude pat ex is “ex pat” possibly living in France. Pat ex doesn’t care about the U.K. as long as he can pop back for NHS treatment and moan about how Brexit forced him to do some paperwork.

It would be so effective that there must be some other reason, which evades my simple mind, for it not to be implemented. The trafficking gangs would soon get the message, as all of the boats they are buying will cost them dearly.

That part at least, makes no difference - once the boats have crossed the channel, they remain here, they are not returned for reuse. So slashed or used, makes no difference to the traffickers. What slashing would achieve, is to stop the migrants from even setting off at all. I suspect, the traffickers just collect money and provide the boat to cross in. What might work, is to trace and stop the source of the boats - they must be getting them from somewhere. Maybe make such boats need to be licensed and traceable.

It is already a requirement for vessels over 2.5m to be registered in France. Not to mention all the other legal requirements of operating a passenger vessel. It would help if the French authorities intercepted them and enforced their own laws

International convention seems to be to watch until they pass in to someone else’s territory and then radio for a hand over.

In other countries the receiver pushes them back in a game of maritime tennis and hands the problem back.

I thought the anti-foreigner Brexiteers and Priti 'pull-up-the-drawbridge' Patel had it all squared away?
Lol.

Sponsored Links
Back