Immigration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I called immigration the other day to ask a question about visas for the States. The person who answered had about as good a grasp of the english language as i have of mongolian. Needless to say after a very frustrating 5 minutes the phone went down with nothing achieved. At least if i call my bank the overseas call centre people can speak english! :LOL:

i forgot to add. It was UK immigration services i called!

Sponsored Links
If I get anybody phoning me from an Indian call centre I put the phone down and tell them why.

Unless I have no choice that is.

We should all do this where possible because to many jobs are being exported for greed.

If firms want to make money here they should employ here.

I'll probably get my head bitten off here but business will always try to keep costs down, our fault is we have been accustomed to our expensive(relatively) way of life with our owned houses, two cars etc in the old days when people lived in council houses prices didn't spiral out of control like they do these days now house prices affect interest rates and prices in general fair enough we all want the "good life" but with it comes the cost so we can't expect businesses not to take advantage in keeping costs down ( this is our bit in helping the third world if you like)
So unless we take the drastic step of reducing our wages(this goes for all, fatcat bosses to the teaboy) then businesses will continue to move abroad,
The solution i think is a radical reorganization of how business is run take out the unwanted layers of management,advisors,consultants(read waste of spaces) that make desicions of no relevance to the product but only about the way their office looks or how high their chair is to those below them (you know what im getting at).
There are too many upside down pyramids in business these days no wonder the poor chaps on the shop floor are unable to sustain growth due to wastage from above.

i agree. but the daft thing that i see a lot is the "middle managment" wont let the fat cats see what is really going on. is it because they do not wish their incompetence to show?

Sponsored Links
kendor said:
I'll probably get my head bitten off here but business will always try to keep costs down, our fault is we have been accustomed to our expensive(relatively) way of life with our owned houses, two cars etc in the old days when people lived in council houses prices didn't spiral out of control like they do these days now house prices affect interest rates and prices in general fair enough we all want the "good life" but with it comes the cost so we can't expect businesses not to take advantage in keeping costs down ( this is our bit in helping the third world if you like)
So unless we take the drastic step of reducing our wages(this goes for all, fatcat bosses to the teaboy) then businesses will continue to move abroad,
The solution i think is a radical reorganization of how business is run take out the unwanted layers of management,advisors,consultants(read waste of spaces) that make desicions of no relevance to the product but only about the way their office looks or how high their chair is to those below them (you know what im getting at).
There are too many upside down pyramids in business these days no wonder the poor chaps on the shop floor are unable to sustain growth due to wastage from above.

We are moving away from my original point......however, in the industry i am in i was chatting to a fellow workmate the other day who said that in 1982 he was on a better hourly rate than he is now. It is not just callcentres for banks etc who want the same job done for less it is in my industry too!!

what do you do? are you in the entertainment industry?

No offence intended, but why would you 'phone UK Immigration for details of visas for the States? Would the U.S embassy not be a better bet?

Yes, thought of that and done it. But my first port of call regarding us was our imm sevices. was just shocked at the cr*p service and their inability to converse in english

Sponsored Links
Back