Migration watch ....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Someone said they wouldn't be associated with it ....so I had a look ......

IS THERE A PROBLEM OR NOT ?

THEY STATE :

• The issue is the huge scale of immigration (para 2)
  • It is now massive compared to the past (para 6)
  • It is adding more than a million to the UK population every three years (para 11)
  • Mass immigration places major pressure on public services. There were an average of 2,000 new GP registrations by migrants per day in 2016/17 (para 15)
  • Current levels of immigration to England will require a home to be built every six minutes, night and day (para 16)
  • Immigrants overall were a net fiscal cost to the Exchequer of £4.3 billion in 2016/17
  • Nearly three-quarters of the public supports a large reduction in immigration levels, according to a 2018 Deltapoll (para 20)
  • Demos found that about three-quarters of the public considered that immigration had increased divisions (para 23).
https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/what-is-the-problem

Is there a problem ? Let's have a debate without throwing insults or name calling "RACIST RACIST "
Now that's out of the way. Do you see it as a problem ? Why? I don't see it as a problem ? Why ?

( Just to clarify something I personally am associated very closely with lots of migrants so my views may in some respects appear to be ambivalent.)

Sponsored Links
For the purpose of clarity:
Before discussing immigration, It should be clarified, migration watch is one of those 'think tanks' that claim to be independant. It isnt.

But Migration Watch doesn't produce academic research. It produces whatever logical contortion is required to turn facts about immigrants into a weapon to beat them with. They'll say anything, or ignore anything, in order to turn the UK's political debate against migrants.

Their report today forecasts - you guessed it - huge future waves of migrants coming to the UK if we leave the EU. Under a 'low migration' scenario, we'd have another 3.4 million EU migrants here by 2035. Under a 'high migration' scenario, we'd have 4.3 million. It's weaponised for tabloid coverage.

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/20...ration-watch-report-the-truth-about-immigrati

Sponsored Links
Back