Impact Drivers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My trusty 18v combi has finally snapped in half after years of loyal service :(

Mainly use it for screwdriving and light drilling (red plugs mainly). I have a bosch blue sds for heavy masonary drilling.

Has anyone got any experience of using an impact driver for screw driving AND drilling, and can you recommend one for me?

Tar!
Al

Sponsored Links
impacts aren't designed for drilling really they take hex drive so comparatively expensive to buy drill bits and limited to around 5mm
because they are hex drive the drill bits can wander

as above but as you have a sds and want an impact just for screws then i would go for a hitachi 14 or 18 volt li on. i have the 14 volt well i have 2 off them for about 3 yrs now and cant fault them tbh, excellent bit of kit, once you have one you wont go back to using a drill to screw screws in, in my opinion

ive got the bosch blue version 18volt lion and i must say since ive had it,about 2 months now i havnt used my 18 volt drill at all for screwing screws in,why didnt i get 1 years ago,brillient bits of kit and really powerful.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Mainly use it for screwdriving and light drilling (red plugs mainly). I have a bosch blue sds for heavy masonary drilling.

Has anyone got any experience of using an impact driver for screw driving AND drilling, and can you recommend one for me?

Tar!
Al

Give it a few years and you will be able to buy one from anne summers at a discount price ;)

Hi all,

Tar!
Al

Give it a few years and you will be able to buy one from anne summers at a discount price ;)

Oh you!

Thanks for the replies. I might put off getting one then, I wanted 1 drill that could drive screws well AND do drilling!

yeh i realise that, it's just that my big 18v ni-cd is a bit heavy, was wondering if a light li-ion impact could handle the drilling work i do

a li on combi will weigh less as batteries are lighter and last better, i have a bosch blue 18v combi li on thats light enough for daily use

makita do the BTP140 lxt 4 function impact drill driver hybrid, which is 18v li-ion, great bit of kit but only downside is obviously starting up costs with batteries & charger if don't have any already.

why not just go back a step and buy a pair if Nickle metal hydride drills as they are a step back in battery technology there are some bargains out there

You don't really need 18 volt for an impact driver for power reasons, get a 12 volt tool with a couple of batteries and then get an 18 volt driver to go with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back