Improve pipe lagging?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before I put down insulation and me boards, would or be worthwhile putting new lagging on the radiator pipes and mains water?

IMG_20171119_120042420_HDR.jpg

Sponsored Links
also clean out the airbricks and think of any under-floor cabling you might like to do, for internet, sockets, lights, TV, speakers, even phones. If you are carpeting, mark the position of pipes and cables so you don't nail into them much.

consider adding a hatch and a floorsafe or concealed box (in a corner away from the door where it will not get walked on much, as it might squeak)

You have a commendably clean void.

Leave the hairfelt where it is and just get 22mm bore foam lagging to fit over it all. Was the void that clean when you exposed it ? Mine was scattered with wormy timber ( also got into the floor and joists) and bricks. There is still a putlog under the kitchen ( too long to get out) You just gotta love 60's builds:(

Sponsored Links
Cleaned a lot of dusty out the floor, seems more like concrete dust.

It's even cleaner now.

How it is
clean void.jpg

Pile of rubbish from the electrical work
sparky rubbish.jpg

3 blurry buckets of dust
blurry buckets of dust.jpg

Bought a crowbar today. So next job is removing a few hundred rusty old nails .... I didn't allow for that when scheduling my weekends!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back