Improving router usefulness

Sponsored Links
probably a lot easier telling us what your ideas are or what job your trying to tackle

manufacturers have to make the tools as safe as possible so once a router is held away from normal [router cutter pointing towards ground]
they need to fully protect the cutter

so any manufacturer desighning equipment to allow the router to be used other than "normaly "must fully protect the cutter

mounting a router in a table is probably your best option

big-all said:
probably a lot easier telling us what your ideas are or what job your trying to tackle

manufacturers have to make the tools as safe as possible so once a router is held away from normal [router cutter pointing towards ground]
they need to fully protect the cutter

so any manufacturer desighning equipment to allow the router to be used other than "normaly "must fully protect the cutter

mounting a router in a table is probably your best option

Thanks for your reply. Having bought a router and used it - precariously, on top of a ladder! - to cut a groove in the edge of a door, I wondered if there was any kit that permitted me to do this work more safely and more precisely. I checked out router tables but they do not overcome the twin problems of a narrow work surface at the end of a lengthy piece of wood that is difficult to secure. Cheers, BelmontR

clamp a bit off 2by2" to give you a larger area

if you arnt fully steady and feel in the slightest danger take the door off its hinges and work accross the top flat

i assume your putting in something like a fire strip!!!!!

Sponsored Links
my 2p worth, ladders are a means of access, not a work platform

I'm just wondering who hung that door so high, that a ladder is need to get to it? :eek: lol

Some would say that the non-lazy way would be to take the door off and prop it in a saw horse or workmate. :rolleyes:

Buy a router table that is the safest option, make sure you use a half inch router in your table and half inch bits to avoid vibration.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back