Improving shed security

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to make my shed more secure as at the moment you could unscrew the hignes and take the doors clean off. Would take all of 30 seconds too.

I'm installing a PIR light in the garden, but what can I do to improve the shed security, if not to deter at least to make it more difficult for thieves.

Are there any special security hinges I can get?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I like Hook and Band hinges. Put the top one on upside down. They have the facility for coach bolts to be used, which you can't undo from outside.

Most readymade sheds are very flimsy and you could lever a door or wall or roof off with a garden spade.

Sponsored Links
yes.

those bolts are stainless, which are better than galvanised. You can use screws as well. Grease the hinge pin and socket before assembly.

I prefer galvanised hinges to black ones. You can paint over the galvanising for best protection.

Straight hinges should be OK unless for some reason you need cranked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back