In-line basin and bath waste setup review...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I have a bathroom that I am renovating and the bath waste pipe runs just above floor level from one side of the room to the other where it exits via a waste that sits at floor level. As it goes across the room, it bypasses where I propose placing a basin. I just wanted to run the attached set up by some experts. I have read that when you connect bath waste and a basin waste that there can be some issues with vacuum, creating horrible smells and gurgling et cetera. I really want to minimise the pipework as the bathroom is small. So my question is this set up going to avoid that? The diagram attached shows what I propose. All the exact hardware I plan on using is detailed in the photographs on the diagram. My main query is if I connect the basin waste pipe straight down into the swept Tee will this be okay?

Attachments

• IMG_0673.jpeg
    IMG_0673.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 24
Sponsored Links
I've done this on many installs when there is no other option, only once have I had a problem with gurgling and the solution was an anti Syphon trap at the basin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back