In or out

In or out of the European union

• Remain in the EU

• Get out

Results are only viewable after voting.
It is impossible to have a reasoned discussion with you Himmy.
Himaggin is a conversational cul-de-sac. I once asked him "Do you think the current immigration level is too high?" Simple question, right? Not for Himaggin!
Him: "Define 'too high'."
Me (with big sigh) "I want you to use your own definition. What do you think?"
Him: "Your assertion, you define it!"

I imagine at parties he is the same:
Me: "Himaggin, do you like anchovies?"
Him: "Define 'like'."
Me: "Well, a lot of people don't like anchovies."
Him: "Do you have any substative evidence for this assertion?"
Me: "What I mean is we're getting pizza, do you want some?"
Him: "Define 'want'."
:mad:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It is impossible to have a reasoned discussion with you Himmy.
It's pointless talking to Himaggin. I once asked him "Do you think the current immigration level is too high?" Simple question, right? Not for Himaggin!
Him: "Define 'too high'."
Me (with big sigh) "I want you to use your own definition. What do you think?"
Him: "Your assertion, you define it!"
So what did you do, slid out of the discussion.
just to remind you:
Your assertion, you define it!
It's not an assertion it's a simply bloody question! "Do you think the current immigration level is too high?" I'm not asking when you stopped beating your wife :rolleyes:. Why so evasive? Will it help if I rephrase it to: "What do you think of the current immigration levels?"
I think the level of migration is just over 300,000 net migration. That's what I think of current migration levels.
If I ask you, "do you think the sky is too cloudy today?", I must first set a baseline of what my definition of 'cloudy' is. Is it too cloudy for cricket, too cloudy for a picnic, too cloudy for gliding? Too cloudy for what? If you ask me, do I think migrations are too high? I must ask, "too high for what?" Clearly the current migration levels are not too high for continued economic prosperity!

I imagine at parties he is the same:

:mad:
There's your problem. You spend too much time imagining and too little time with real facts and real data.

There was no discussion. All I eventually managed to squeeze out of you was "If you ask me, do I think migrations are too high? I must ask, "too high for what?"
You can't hold a conversation with a robot like that. You could have picked any number of things it might be 'too high' for, but no, that would be too easy. Too normal. Do you have autism? Autistics struggle to interpret context.

("Define 'have'...")

Sponsored Links
There was no discussion. All I eventually managed to squeeze out of you was "If you ask me, do I think migrations are too high? I must ask, "too high for what?"
You can't hold a conversation with a robot. Only people with autism struggle to interpret context.
But you couldn't define "too high". Therefore your assumption must have been too high for anything and everything. It didn't fit with my idea of immigration.
I repeat, if I ask you a loaded question such as, "do you think I get paid too much?" There is an automatic assumption of what "too much"means in my mind.
You would be entitled to ask the question too much for what, a doctor, a nurse, a midwife, a solicitor, an MP, a soldier.
Then you would need to know what the average salary is, and where it applies. Briefly, You would need a whole load more information to arrive at an educated opinion.
Your question assumed a) that migration is too high. (that's a full stop) and
b) that your idea of what too high is, is a universal acceptance.
Sorry, we don't all have the same opinions.

I see you're another one that resorts to insults when the discussion becomes too complex for you.

Do you have autism? Autistics struggle to interpret context.
I thought that today as well, made me wonder.
I'll third that. Definitely something wrong.

Mate of my wife read some of his drivel recently. She works in mental health and she seriously believes he has "issues". Sad really. That's why I try not to encourage him anymore. It is hard not to get pulled in though when someone talks such a massive amount of schit.

I see you're another one that resorts to insults when the discussion becomes too complex for you.
Do you think autism is an insult? I don't. Am sorry you think that it's an insult.

Do you have autism? Autistics struggle to interpret context.
I thought that today as well, made me wonder.
Another one on a credibility retrieval exercise. :rolleyes:
Someone else will say it to you - I don't need to have 'cred' on an internet forum full of strangers! Means nothing to me, and unlike yourself, I came on here looking for DIY advice and I stuck around to help others where I could because it seemed a really nice site. It was not to get myself validated by people I have never met.

The only way forward is IN, but not when we have a back sliding, no balls government who are unable follow through with anything - nationally or in the EU.

I'll third that. Definitely something wrong.

If I agree with you guys, then it can only mean one thing... We're wrong and he is right. Obvious innit?
The only incorrect assumption is that he might get invited to parties because it would assume that he has friends.

Mate of my wife read some of his drivel recently. She works in mental health and she seriously believes he has "issues". Sad really. That's why I try not to encourage him anymore. It is hard not to get pulled in though when someone talks such a massive amount of schit.

Do you think autism is an insult? I don't. Am sorry you think that it's an insult.

Someone else will say it to you - I don't need to have 'cred' on an internet forum full of strangers! Means nothing to me, and unlike yourself, ................ because it seemed a really nice site. It was not to get myself validated by people I have never met.

:rolleyes:

But you couldn't define "too high". I ask you a loaded question such as, "do you think I get paid too much?" There is an automatic assumption of what "too much"means in my mind.
Yes there is an assumption, but the question is not loaded. No definitions are required. You would only ask me a question like that if I already knew what your job was and had a mutually understood frame of reference, perhaps because we had been talking about your job before, perhaps because it had been all over the newspapers for months!
When I ask you if you think immigration is too high you could pick any number of possibles: Too high for the eduction system/teachers/class size to cope with; too high for the NHS to cope with; too high for private or social housing to keep up with; too high for social cohesion to cope with; too high for the job market to satisfy... pick any one you like... pick one I hadn't thought of... that's how a conversation works.

I think Cameron is secretly working for Brexit. He's on the box getting reamed by the audience. He's really highlighting the lack of real substance to the remain arguments.

Sponsored Links
Back