Indesit IWC6165 for the scrap heap ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, could anyone please confirm that it is not possible to replace the bearings within an Indesit IWC6165 washing machine. I just popped the back off of the machine, removed the belt and listened to the drum as I spun it by hand and there is a definate grinding noise (slight slack to the inner drum as well when gently lifted through the door). When the machine is on high spin it sounds as if the bearings have started to break down as it is making some seriously scary noises.
The machine is just under 2 years old, our last Indesit lasted 13 years (guess we were lucky with the 1st one).

Thanks in advance

Colin.

Sponsored Links
This model has a welded plastic tub, i.e. you can't change the bearings. You have to change the whole wash unit (complete including drum, tub & bearings). Not an impossible DIY job but not a nice one either. Parts cost this much https://parts.indesitservice.co.uk/...isQuery=yes&layout=6_1_63_60&carea=$ROOT)/.do If you are interested in getting it repaired ask Indesit for a quote. Be sure to state the full model details on the door sticker (not what it says on the front of the machine).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back