India festival of s hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Spent alot of time india, had some of the best times staring and chanting puking in the rivers. Don't knock em they have some fantastic rituals and ways.

OK maybe cowpats isn't one of them.

Strange thread but I'll bite. In 76 when I lived on a kibbutz, the work was varied depending on the time of year, fruit picking, working the cotton fields, I did spend a month working in the dairy, it was a large herd and produced some of the finest milk in Northern Israel.
It was a modern dairy, electric milking machines and all that but one thing that hacked me off was the smell of cowsh1t and wading round ankle deep in the stuff, every night I was hosing off me boots and trousers. An American friend suggested working barefoot, I said I won't because I had a few blisters and cuts on my feet and the last thing I wanted was for them to become infected, he said don't worry, cowsh1t has healing properties.
Do you know what?, he was right, every abrasion healed up within days of going barefoot.
The downside to this new wardrobe arrangement was that one day whilst herding the cows into the milking parlour, one of them stepped on me foot. It hurt like **** but fortunately no bones were broken because my foot was pushed down into the soft ground, but in the heat of the moment, I looked this cow in the eyes, a big ****** he was, and I punched him in the face.
The cow looked at me and moved on, the punch didn't even register with her, on a scale of 1-10, the punch was 0.
Not for me though, but at least the pain in my hand took my mind off the pain in my foot.

Sponsored Links
Spent alot of time india, had some of the best times staring and chanting puking in the rivers. Don't knock em they have some fantastic rituals and ways.

OK maybe cowpats isn't one of them.

What were you doing in India? SJW? Finding yourself? Are you part Indian?

What were you doing in India? SJW? Finding yourself? Are you part Indian?

SJW your middle name is 'Cynique' isn't it ;)

Used to go there on Yoga retreats and did a bit of travelling over there yeah didn't give a **** about the people of course.. what a place, i came back each time like the resurrected Jesus.

SJW your middle name is 'Cynique' isn't it ;)

Used to go there on Yoga retreats and did a bit of travelling over there yeah didn't give a **** about the people of course.. what a place, i came back each time like the resurrected Jesus.

Yoga retreats? This is getting weirder. A hippy in your youth? :p

Some transcendental tantric tribulations.. :sneaky:

Yoga retreats? This is getting weirder. A hippy in your youth? :p

Some transcendental tantric tribulations.. :sneaky:
More of a detachment.. I liked to consider it more like a state of 'quantum decoherence'... a man of your calibre i'm sure you catch my drift ;)

An RWR brexiteering meditating xenophobic black coffee drinking hippy. Feed that into the Notch machine.

Strange thread but I'll bite. In 76 when I lived on a kibbutz, the work was varied depending on the time of year, fruit picking, working the cotton fields, I did spend a month working in the dairy, it was a large herd and produced some of the finest milk in Northern Israel.
It was a modern dairy, electric milking machines and all that but one thing that hacked me off was the smell of cowsh1t and wading round ankle deep in the stuff, every night I was hosing off me boots and trousers. An American friend suggested working barefoot, I said I won't because I had a few blisters and cuts on my feet and the last thing I wanted was for them to become infected, he said don't worry, cowsh1t has healing properties.
Do you know what?, he was right, every abrasion healed up within days of going barefoot.
The downside to this new wardrobe arrangement was that one day whilst herding the cows into the milking parlour, one of them stepped on me foot. It hurt like **** but fortunately no bones were broken because my foot was pushed down into the soft ground, but in the heat of the moment, I looked this cow in the eyes, a big ****** he was, and I punched him in the face.
The cow looked at me and moved on, the punch didn't even register with her, on a scale of 1-10, the punch was 0.
Not for me though, but at least the pain in my hand took my mind off the pain in my foot.
Did a stretch there, but quite a bit later.
Never punched a cow, but dispatched more than a few chickens in my time!
Being up north, did the volunteers from various kibbutzim back then meet up at the square in kiryat shmona and do the 'dying fly'?
(after a few neshers/arak of course)

India full of fruit cakes

One of the few countries in the world were u can be as mad as a march hare and be Consideref normal and be revered :LOL:

Any where else and u would be sectioned under the mental. Health act :LOL:

Don't knock em they have some fantastic rituals and ways.

Lots of foreign countries have fantastic rituals and ways, and long may that continue. The trouble starts when governments impose one country's fantastic rituals and ways on another country.

Indeed it should...

Did you ever hear/read about the 'British Empire'?

The British Empire wasn't a fantastic ritual, it was a force for good and the best such project in history. Other empires are not so peaceful or benign. There have always been empires and probably always will; to think you can end this and have equality is a fantasy. We have grown up during the American empire. Soon, this will be replaced by a Chinese or possibly Islamic empire. Britain's empire was the greatest. You commie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links