Indian visa

I go on 4 March, return 19 March, so if the expiry date is say 5 March or after (so I have entered India before that date) I think it should be OK. But I can't see why the expiry date couldn't be be in 2030 ! and still meet the criteria. Unless the website states the expiry date (not the applicant).
Are you sure the 'expiry date' does not refer to your passport expiry?
Normally a visa starts on the date of entry and ends on the date of exit. I've never encountered a visa expiration date other than the date of exit.

But this site suggests it starts on the day of issue:
1704948985555.png

And the site suggests it's an official outsource of India visa processing
1704949083472.png

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your thoughts on this.
Are you sure the 'expiry date' does not refer to your passport expiry?
Possible, but I don't think so
1704948985555.png

I suppose the start of validity doesn't matter, as long as the expiry date is after the date of entry to India, to comply with
  • Keep in mind that it will come with a date of expiry, which is the day before which you must have entered the country.
I have link India e-Visa which doesn't appear to involve any 3rd parties.

I haven't applied yet, I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row. Hoping all will come clear. You've highlighted some potentially confusing aspects. I'll let you know how I get on

Last edited:
Bod, Tamil Nadu Fly to Chenie (Madras) then go to Mahabalipurum for the Sea temple and the magnificent carvings, then up into the western Ghats and across to Cochin.

Sponsored Links
Bod, Tamil Nadu Fly to Chenie (Madras) then go to Mahabalipurum for the Sea temple and the magnificent carvings, then up into the western Ghats and across to Cochin.

I've only got two weeks. If I had 3 I think I would

If anybody's still interested, I've done my application, and it seems to have been accepted. Waiting for the visa. It only asked for date of entry to India, so I'm assuming it will have an expiry date some time after that.

It's come back now, with expiry date 30 Jan 2025. And it's for multiple entries, though I requested the 30-day two entry visa.

But more important, my son had one like that, and he had to download a machine readable version at the airport in India, his now has photo, QR and bar codes. So I've emailed back, hope they'll tell me how to download it. Ring any bells?

I printed ours out and saved it onto a memory stick also, when we arrived in Delhi they just scanned the print out and stamped the passports, very efficient, also had them saved on the iPad

I printed ours out and saved it onto a memory stick also, when we arrived in Delhi they just scanned the print out and stamped the passports, very efficient, also had them saved on the iPad
Yes, I'm going to print mine to be safe. Didn't yours have photo, QR and bar codes?

We did similar with a covid test, printed the email instead of attachment, ended up at airport hotel reception at 3am asking them to print it for us

Sponsored Links
Back