Indian visa

Getting visas are a real pain, and often costly...

I recall having to spend a lot of time/money and effort spent during my travels having to do so as being a person from a 'third country'...

Imagine growing up in a world where there was a visa free position whereby UK citizens could come and go as they pleased in 30 other countries ;)

Sponsored Links
These were not to bad $40 and all on line, Russian visas cost us nearly £300 with a face to face at the consulate complete with fine for driving in a bus lane

These were not to bad $40 and all on line, Russian visas cost us nearly £300 with a face to face at the consulate complete with fine for driving in a bus lane
You did well there! I paid £94. Checking price afterwards, one site said about £75, this one https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/page/visa-fee-structure/ says £116! The site I used had nothing to suggest it wasn't an offial Indian government site (if it wasn't). I found a number of sites with application forms including yours, all looking equally official. And by the time the £££ comes up your pretty much committed, you don't want to cancel to try a different one, and risk screwing up the whole process.

Sponsored Links
ESTA is far simpler.
How so?

And does it cost more than previously allowed travel?

Does it allow you to stay for more than 90 days out of any 180 day period in 30 other countries unlike unlimited access as before?

Getting visas are a real pain, and often costly...

I recall having to spend a lot of time/money and effort spent during my travels having to do so as being a person from a 'third country'...

Imagine growing up in a world where there was a visa free position whereby UK citizens could come and go as they pleased in 30 other countries ;)
Yeah, it’s going to be about a fiver for a three year European one. That’s it, I’m done with European travel at those sort of prices!

How long from start to finish did it take for Indian visa to come through?

3-4 days for mine. Quicker than I expected.
I might just get one so I can skittle off quick if I fancy it. Work has died down a bit. Can you point me in the right direction please.

Can you point me in the right direction please.
I would have a look on the web to see what is the likely cost, as there seems to be a lot of variation. Then go on a site, crystal ball's could be a good start. As you're not in a hurry to get a visa, if you think they're charging more than you expect, clear and try another. Also there should be a choice of currency, so pick GBP.
If anybody has any tips on how to tell an official site from one of an agency taking a cut, I'd be interested.

I would have a look on the web to see what is the likely cost, as there seems to be a lot of variation. Then go on a site, crystal ball's could be a good start. As you're not in a hurry to get a visa, if you think they're charging more than you expect, clear and try another. Also there should be a choice of currency, so pick GBP.
If anybody has any tips on how to tell an official site from one of an agency taking a cut, I'd be interested.
I think I said on a previous post there are fake sites as well.

Sponsored Links
Back