Indication of cost of Pandora Heat Bank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone give me an indication of the cost of a Pandora Heat Bank please? http://www.heatweb.com/

Was going to have fitted a Megaflo but with a figure from Anglian Water of 1bar pressure & 9Litres/minute flow it kind of put the blockers on - plus also added annual service costs

please note 9 which is here

Sponsored Links
A thermal store will suffer exactly same problems of poor pressure and flow as unvented cylinder. Don't believe what the salesman says. Do a search on this forum - it's been discussed many times before.

If you repace your water main wiht fatter pipes you'll get more flow, but the only way to get good pressure is to store water, and pump it.

I suspect the 1 bar pressure might have been dynamic (with 9 litres/min flow), so this pressure might be improved with fatter supply pipe. What was the static pressure?

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
A thermal store will suffer exactly same problems of poor pressure and flow as unvented cylinder. Don't believe what the salesman says. Do a search on this forum - it's been discussed many times before.

Chris,

Thanks for the advice much appreciated. I have measured the flow rate at the outside tap and got approximately 20litres minute which, is a lot more than the quoted Anglian Water figure of 9 l/min as for pressure, is 1 bar enough?

also, one of the design specs I have is to get rid of the airing cupboard presently occupying 1/3rd of the bathroom and get the hw cylinder in the loft.

Rgds,

Al

It may well be that Anglian are quoting you mimimum (legal) figures just to cover themselves.
20l/min from one tap is pretty healthy. You need to actually measure what the static pressure is to move forward. Another call to someone reasonable at AW might give you a better idea of what you can normally expect. Otherwise buy a pressure guage, for about £12.
Dynamic pressure - with some amount of flow (which needs to be specified) are useful but rarely measured. They give an idea of the resistance in the pipes.

There is currently a great deal of "debate" about thermal stores vs unvented systems on the Screwfix.com site's plumbers talk forum. UV systems do mean having a couple of valves in the supply, which TS don't. I've measured the odd valve(set) and found them very restrictive.
In other words a typical UV set would assume the mains is more than 3 bar and reduce the pressure to that figure - not applicable to you so just extra resistance, so TS might be more appropriate just on those grounds. Read all the waffle at Screwix and you'll have another ten reasons to weigh up!

If your supply really is only 1 bar, you can live with it, with care.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back