inflatable bladder -tear in seam repair (pic)

Was that for veneer pressing? Frankly on slab doors I'd have gone for a glue film and simply ironed the veneer on, or alternatively spray contact adhesive. Both a lot faster with good results when done competently, especially if you lip your MDF blanks with hardwood first

Nah, I was making lazy shaker doors. A 9mm door, with 9mm styles and rails glued on, with some 18g brads to stop them sliding.

I used the vacuum press because I don't have a gazillion clamps.

Sponsored Links
Nah, I was making lazy shaker doors. A 9mm door, with 9mm styles and rails glued on, with some 18g brads to stop them sliding.
Naughty! Personally not a fan of the technique because very often you end up being able to see a "witness line" where the joint is regardless of how well it is filled or painted

Naughty! Personally not a fan of the technique because very often you end up being able to see a "witness line" where the joint is regardless of how well it is filled or painted

Not if you have a decent decent painter...

Edit, yeah, you are correct, but it is only visible when the door is open and someone is looking for the line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back