Inserting diagrams in posts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is info about inserting jpeg picture files in posts on the forum.

Do the likes of diagrams drawn in "Word" have to be entered the same way or can they be inserted directly? I don't have a web page.

Sponsored Links
draw diagram in paint, save it as a JPEG on your desktop (temporary storage spot)

Go to a image hosting website such as www.imageshack.us

And click "browse". Then look for "desktop" - it is usually at the top of the explorer tree, which is why i use it for this sort of thing - its quicker than trying to find my docs or other folders.

Then click upload, it will take a few seconds to transfer, and it will give you a bunch of links. choose the most appropriate one for your purpose.

I suggest using Powerpoint.
'File' 'Page set up' 'Custom' set at around 15cm x 11cm ( a starting point )

Make the sketch.

'Save as' ....enter filename
'Save as type' ...... from drop down menu choose JPG (picture)
'Save'
To the 'do you want to export . blah de blah' pop up question answer 'NO'
The current slide only, will hopefully, be saved.

Go to any free picture hosting web site .. like this one:-
http://imagehost.darkernet.co.uk/index.php

( Check your saved file size. 100Kb max at darknet )

'File to Upload:' 'Choose' enables browse for your file select it, then 'Upload', wait until the darknet web siteaddress for that pix is shown......
Similar to this ...
Thank You! Your image details are as follows:

File Name: NotArealPict.jpg
File Size: 12783Bytes

File Successfully Uploaded!

Link to File:
http://imagehost.darkernet.co.uk/i/NotArealPict.jpg

Upload another?

Select that 'link to file' or address, copy, then paste into the Notter's edit pane set Img tags front and back of that address .. job done.
leading tag ...

I chose M$ Powerpoint because it offered some good drawing aids and allowed saving of the 'current slide' as a jpeg file ( .jpg ), as opposed to the whole document... Not saying this is the optimum method or software .. just a method which works ok for me... Maybe you too.

The size 15 x 11cm fits without being overlarge in the post... You may need to experiment with this sizing to suite your requirement.

Have a bash..

:D

Sponsored Links
For charming people or talking to garden... ;)

Back