Install Drayton Wiser 2 Channel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone. I’ve searched to no avail for some answers to what should have been a relatively straight forward install.

Attempting to install a Drayton wiser 2 channel hub. Problem being when heating is requested the boiler won’t fire (the pump kicks in) unless hot water is also switched on. Hot water doesn’t come on automatically when heating is requested. Have tried this in two different houses one with gravity system and one with pressurised system and both have the same outcome.

Below is the current setup with old backplate that I swapped out exactly and diagram for the wiser. If anyone can point me in the direction of what needs changed if it is even possible it would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 5FAC05D2-81CF-402A-B935-5CE7FD4DCA3A.jpeg
    5FAC05D2-81CF-402A-B935-5CE7FD4DCA3A.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 146
  • 0A5F4A47-3ADA-4B1A-8AB5-C60BBD076CD1.jpeg
    0A5F4A47-3ADA-4B1A-8AB5-C60BBD076CD1.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 4594466E-8021-4B88-AE0F-4FB4084118E2.jpeg
    4594466E-8021-4B88-AE0F-4FB4084118E2.jpeg
    293.1 KB · Views: 153
  • AFBE6800-1B44-4E7E-A22D-4767478751AD.jpeg
    AFBE6800-1B44-4E7E-A22D-4767478751AD.jpeg
    393.1 KB · Views: 161
Sponsored Links
Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is how the previous programmer worked and was wired? You would need to alter the wiring or motorised valve(s) for this to work.

Might be best in electrical or plumbing sub-forum (mods may move it)

Yep the pictures are of the existing programmer. So I’ve basically wired the new wiser backplate exactly as the old one and everything works apart from boiler doesn’t fire for heating unless you manually activate hot water. In the existing system you can only have HW+CH or HW only

Yes, but if you read the last part of my response, you’d need to alter wiring for this to work. Wiring it the same way, will only work in the same way.Is it gravity system?

Sponsored Links
Yep it is.
I’ve since found out that there is limited compatibility with gravity systems. :(

thanks for your quick replies

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I haven’t worked on Gravity systems, but I believe you can upgrade to fully pumped, which would give you what you want to work.

Thanks. Probably should have stated that it’s oil as opposed to gas. Most threads seem to be related to gas.

I have the exact same issue on a fully pressurised system in another house which is what is baffling me because it was a straight swap on the standard backplate and theoretically should have worked out of the box.

Thanks again

Still think it’s possible with oil boilers, again not my forte. Fully pressurised, as in combi or sealed system boiler?

It’s a sealed system. In both systems in order to fire boiler HW needs to be switched on which wiser doesn’t seem to do along with heating.

It’ll be how it’s wired up, eg type of system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back